Post Thanks / Like
    I have a SC430 with black paint and want to know the best buffer to get. I have heard the 7424 and 7336 are the best. Is one of these the best?

Also, what pads will I need. I want to remove spider webs and swirl marks (minor) before I do my waxing. I use Zaino products. Help is appreciated!!

Counselguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Counsel and welcome to the forum!! :welcome

If you only knew the can of worms you open when you ask "What is best?"... :hairpull

That being said, let me offer you my advise for what it is worth. I have a rotary buffer(R, Cyclo, and a Porter Cable 7336 (PC). I think that of the three I find the PC the one I go to most often. The advantages of it are it`s safety, smaller learning curve, and availability of backing plates and pads. If you are a newbie, I, in my humble opinion, think that you would be well served to go with the 7336.

You can get the package deal which includes the sanding backing plate and the white polishing pad. Keep the polishing pad for doing the windows, but IMO keep it off of the paint. There are a number of great pads offered by Sonus, Meguiars, Excel, Lake Country, etc etc so you would probably be happy with any one of the manufacturers out there. I recommend you get at a minimum at least a polishing pad and a finishing pad. Don`t worry before you know it you`ll have 20 different pads laying around!

Lastly, read up on the various websites how to use the PC and I think you`ll be very happy with your work. There are postings on MOL, bettercarcare, and here. If you have difficulty or other qustions, there are a ton of VERY knowledgeable and helpful people here. Heck you can even shoot me a PM if needed. Hopefully this long diatribe has been of some assistance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your welcome and quick, knowledgeable reply. I will go with the PC as I have read other reviews which agree with yours.

Thanks for the pad advice. Excited to get started. The Zaino products have done well on my car, and I am looking forward to making the car look even better. Thanks again for your help!

Counselguy

Thread Information