Post Thanks / Like
    Well I decided that I need the rotary in my arsenal to remove heavy swirls that the pc just can`t handle. I was thinking of getting just the LC 7.5 VC Orange Cutting pad but my question is do I really need the white polishing pad? I could always use less abrasive polishes with the orange pad if the swirls isn`t that bad and vice versa. I will always finish off with the pc. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you need a white or equal! I use a rotary pretty much exclusively and use a white pad about 50% of the time. Sometimes you can just use a white pad and a mild polish and go straight to waxing. You can`t do this with any other pad, orange and you will need to finish, and greys have no cutting abilty. It`s a major pain to do extra machine polishing if you don`t have to IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO you need at least a cutting, polishing and a finishing pad. I always does the last step with a soft finishing pad and Menzerna PO85RD, then straight to LSP.

Less abrasive polish and a cutting pad on a soft black paint will marr it. The pad choice is very important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the polishing pad is a must-have with a rotary, alot of times Optimum/RMG or IP via a polishing pad allows me to one-step finishes that would require two steps with a PC or PC finishing after a cutting pad/rotary.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    yes you need it. I have 2 of them. Its usually my `go to` pad along with the meg`s burgundy

I normally go with orange if very badly swirled paint.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Edge green is a nice multipurpose light cut/polishing pad, the Edge yellow is more aggressive and will leave holograms

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments guys, do you think 2 of each should be good?

Also I`m curious as to how much of a differance the rotary is. For example a pc with orange cutting and ssr2.5 vs a rotary with the same setup. Is it just that the rotary will get the same results done faster or will the rotary be able to remove deeper swirls with the same set up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efinirx7gt
    Thanks for the comments guys, do you think 2 of each should be good?

Also I`m curious as to how much of a differance the rotary is. For example a pc with orange cutting and ssr2.5 vs a rotary with the same setup. Is it just that the rotary will get the same results done faster or will the rotary be able to remove deeper swirls with the same set up?

A rotary will eliminate deeper swirls and faster then a PC.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used OHC and a EDGE yellow cutting pad and I definitely removed paint. The Megs burgandy has a smaller pore pattern and should leave a nicer finish but it`s stiffer and slings more. Look into the Edge system. They have a complete range of pads including waffle pads.

Thread Information