Post Thanks / Like
    Other than the PC 7424 what are some other good brands (PLEASE INCLUDE PART #) I`m looking for something that I can set the speed and don`t have to worry about trigger pressure. I have a craftsman right now and I play the trigger game and it sucks. Thanks in advance for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    so I guess what I really need to know is the PC 7424 the best bang for the buck? The only thing that worries me about the PC; is that I hear people polishing at 1,300 rpm and the PC min is only 2,500. Would someone pleas elaborate on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    With a rotory buffer it is good to have trigger pressure it makes the buffer a little more versatile. The Dewalt (DW849) is my favorite rotory buffer it runs at 1,000rpm - 3,000rpm. Running this tool between 1,000 - 1,500rpm is usually all that is needed. Use the trigger to fine tune your technique. The difference between the PC and a rotory buffer is the PC oscilates (OPM) and a rotory buffer only rotates (RPM). Even though the 2,500 - 6,000opm seems high it does not generate near as much friction as a rotory buffer does at 1,000rpm. Practice with them both and always stay relaxed.

Post Thanks / Like
    so when people talk about 1500 rpms could you get away with 2500 opms, or would you have to play the trigger game. I`m really wanting something that I can set the speed and pull the trigger and not have to worry about trigger pressures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah man you are confusing yourself.

When people mention 1,500 RPMs they are referring to using the rotary polisher which only turns in a circular motion. This tool, if not used properly, has a great risk of burning through paint especially at high speeds.

The PC is an orbital polisher which is generally referred to 1-6 in regards of speed. The PC (porter cable) is one type of orbital polisher which has a dial on the back to control the speed. You set it, flip on the switch, and go. There is no trigger involved.

The PC is nearly foolproof (I say nearly because there is always one person that can mess up something) and should not pose any problems with the painted surface.

I hope this helps.

Thread Information