wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used my Edge Yellow MC pad with OHC today. This pad produces almost no splatter. However I did have a problem with buffer hop and holograms. I`m thinking that`s a sign of not using enough product. I followed up with ZPC on an orbital but next time I`ll probably try a less aggressive rotary pad for the second step. Based on my first impression I`d say if your looking for a rotary pad try the Edge pads first. I`m probably going to get another Edge pad- I`m thinking the green light cut or should I get the blue finishing- which is a better second step pad?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone think that the hologramming might be a result of not working the product long enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try misting the pad with distilled water or QD during polishing? I`ve found that this has really helped me with buffer hop/holograms in the past. For a second step, I`d use FPII or SSR1 on a green pad. Blue doesn`t really have the cut to follow up and remove any holograms on harder paint. I do keep a blue pad around, however, for use with DP FFP or PO85RD to finesse super soft paints that haze with the green/FPII combo.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did mist the pad with QD- I think I might not have used enough product. Next time I`ll try ZPC or MothersPowerPolish with a green pad to follow up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like not enough product on the pad , too much and you`ll get splatter . A few reasons you get pad hop and Holograms are dry pads ( not enough product) and high speeds. :buffing:
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you trying to be the man and polish with one hand? Just kiddin.

My experience with harsher polishes and compounds combined with aggressive cutting pads is they want to jump around. Feisty no matter how much product and misting you do. I figured this is where your skill kicks in when controlling the rotary. So add more product, but throttle your machine like it`s a wild stallion (balance pad against rotation). Then you can be the rotary-whisperer.
    Don

Equilibrium Engineering Detailing Services

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the green pad with more product next. The Edge System is the way to go ! I have been extremely happy with this system and a very a high quality product. Very easy to change pads!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update- I used the yellow pad with more product and it worked much better. I sprayed a mist of QD on the panel and then slowly ramped up to speed with the rotary. Much less hop. Even with more product the Edge pads sling very little. I was able to wipe off what splatter I had with QD and a MF. If you are looking for a rotary pad EDGE is the WAY TO GO :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Update- I used the yellow pad with more product and it worked much better. I sprayed a mist of QD on the panel and then slowly ramped up to speed with the rotary. Much less hop. Even with more product the Edge pads sling very little. I was able to wipe off what splatter I had with QD and a MF. If you are looking for a rotary pad EDGE is the WAY TO GO :xyxthumbs

Good to see you got it worked out , way to go ! :xyxthumbs

:buffing:
    Good things are not cheap, and cheap things are seldom good !

Thread Information