Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC Vibration

Post Thanks / Like
    is there suppose to be so much vibration feedback on a pc7336? my hands were definitely shaking quite a bit. am i doing something wrong or did i set it up wrong? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    you`ll get used to it. I found that holding the machine by the head allowed less vibration into my hands than holding the side handle.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the right counterweight?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by viper531
    is there suppose to be so much vibration feedback on a pc7336? my hands were definitely shaking quite a bit. am i doing something wrong or did i set it up wrong? :nixweiss

I took the easy way out, I bought a Cyclo. :woot2: :2thumbs: :chuckle: :waxing:
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    The vibration is due to using the side handle. I had the same problem when I first got mine. I even called the vendor stating that I wanted to send it back for a different one and they agreed. I ended up keeping it though because I talked to somebody else and they said that it works much better without the side handle. So, I took their advise and it works perfectly now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtbaka
    Do you have the right counterweight?

the counterweight came installed on my pc when i bought it. i guess i will have to get used to the vibration. i`ll try it w/o the handle next time around.

Post Thanks / Like
    the counterweight came installed on my pc when i bought it. i guess i will have to get used to the vibration. i`ll try it w/o the handle next time around.

Trust me... it is a night and day difference without the side handle. I think its easier and more effective to hold it by the head of the machine with your free hand anyways. That way your better able to apply pressure to the pad while polishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Excess vibration could be because you are using the wrong counterweight for the wrong pad size. The counterweight already installed in the 7424 is for 5" pads. If you are using pads bigger than 5" than the PC body can be used as a nice massage tool for your aches and pains. :2thumbs:

Order the #6 counterweight for larger diameter pads and the vibration should decrease significantly.

This is also important to work as well. In physics it has to do with energy transfer. If your unit has too much vibration that means most of the energy to do work is being transferred into your arms as opposed to being transfered to the pad and doing work on the car surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excess vibration could be because you are using the wrong counterweight for the wrong pad size. The counterweight already installed in the 7424 is for 5" pads. If you are using pads bigger than 5" than the PC body can be used as a nice massage tool for your aches and pains. :2thumbs:

Order the #6 counterweight for larger diameter pads and the vibration should decrease significantly.

This is also important to work as well. In physics it has to do with energy transfer. If your unit has too much vibration that means most of the energy to do work is being transferred into your arms as opposed to being transfered to the pad and doing work on the car surface.

it was definitely a nice massage! :chuckle:

i used both the 4" and 7" propel pads and my 7336 has the 6" counterweight. i watched DavidB`s video and it seemed like the pc just glided over the fender with ease, but i guess that`s just my misperception.

thx for everyone`s input! can`t wait to try again...

Post Thanks / Like
    My 4" pads vibrate more than my 7" Propels. It also depends on how hard you are gripping the PC. Just grip it enough to be able to guide the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    I took the easy way out, I bought a Cyclo. :woot2: :2thumbs: :chuckle: :waxing:

Can you share your experiece with Cyclo. Is it lighter and less vibrate than 7424?

Post Thanks / Like
    it was definitely a nice massage! :chuckle:

i used both the 4" and 7" propel pads and my 7336 has the 6" counterweight. i watched DavidB`s video and it seemed like the pc just glided over the fender with ease, but i guess that`s just my misperception.

thx for everyone`s input! can`t wait to try again...

Yeah, I just got my PC and tried with the 4" pad on my shower wall. I too feel the

vibration, especially with the handle. DavidB`s video is indeed deceiving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi_force
    Can you share your experiece with Cyclo. Is it lighter and less vibrate than 7424?

Heavier but better balanced, better cutting ability(like a PC with two 4 inch pads), better final polishing ability and just more pleasant to use. It costs more but you get what you pay for in this case. It`s not for everyone and it doesn`t fit into some tighter areas but I prefer it over the PC everyday of the week!
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan
    My 4" pads vibrate more than my 7" Propels. It also depends on how hard you are gripping the PC. Just grip it enough to be able to guide the PC.
    Yeah, I just got my PC and tried with the 4" pad on my shower wall. I too feel the

vibration, especially with the handle. DavidB`s video is indeed deceiving.
    Hmm, that`s odd. I just used my PC today with a 4" pad and found almost no vibration at all. I ran it all the way on speed 6 and it purred like a kitten. Now, anything larger than 4", and it`s a different story.

It`s heavier and moves at a much slower speed, so there really isn`t a "vibration" but more like holding a box with two squirrels in it, lol. The Cyclo is a much easier maching to use, IMO, but the size of it tends to dictate when and where you can use it. Regardless, whenever I have a major polishing job to do, I always grab the Cyclo, hands down. It doesn`t fight you like the PC does, all you do is guide it, and it does the rest for you. :buffing:

Quote Originally Posted by clnfrk
    Trust me... it is a night and day difference without the side handle. I think its easier and more effective to hold it by the head of the machine with your free hand anyways. That way your better able to apply pressure to the pad while polishing.
    I fully agree with this. Lose the handle, and it will be much better.

Excess vibration could be because you are using the wrong counterweight for the wrong pad size. The counterweight already installed in the 7424 is for 5" pads.
    He has the 7336, so he already has the 6" counterweight, which is what I leave in mine regardless of what size pad I am using.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t even attach my handle the first time using it and it still felt like it vibrated quite a bit. :buffing: I have the 7336 btw.
    2004 Titanium Pearl Mitsubishi Galant ES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information