Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    what seem to be your favorite polishing/cutting foam pads? i only own a propel green and yellow pad....but i havent really used them yet. once the winter is over...im going to be interested in trying out more pads. all i can think of are lake country and meguiars pads.

btw....meguiars pad selection confuses the hell out of me. could anyone post a link to all of their foam pads? all i hear anyone talk about is a "meguiars polishing pad"....do they just have a 1 level polishing pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    The green Propel polishing pad is a bit mild, in my opinion. Either that or I have used it way too many times and it has lost stiffness?

I`m anxious to try my yellow Sonus SFX cutting pad to see how well it can handle Toyota clearcoat.

For the Meguiar`s pads, the only ones I`m familar with are the burgundy cutting pad and the yellow polishing pad; they are referred to as the `soft-buff` series.

Post Thanks / Like
    the only cutting pads i`ve had experience with are the lake country yellow and orange (4" variety). They worked ok I guess, but i have no other experience with other companies cutting pads, so i really cant make a comparison. a LC yellow using OCC didn`t have enough cut to remove defects off a VW though, that`s my only beef with them.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    For a noob like me it was easier to buy Meguiars pads. They only have a yellow polishing pad a burgundy cutting pad (that they do not recommend using with a PC) and a pink finishing pad. I bought one cutting, 4 polishing and one finishing. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like
    here is a link for polishes as well as pads. At the bottom of the page is the chart for the pads and the manufacturers. A search will give you the websites for all the manufacturers or use the forum sponors to order almost any of these pads.

http://www.dano.pocketrubbish.com/de...oductchart.htm

i refer to this chart and a couple others from other forums all the time.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried pretty much every pad you`ll find except I haven`t tried the new Propel 2s (same foam as original Propel, just slightly different design). I assume you are using a PC, in which case pad selection isn`t nearly as critical as when using a rotary. Given a PC, for polishing I like the yellow softbuff pad and for cutting I like the yellow SFX or yellow Propel, but many pads will work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use and like Propels. I want to try the new Propel2s. The variety and grades that Propel pads have is just right for my selection of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally my favorite pad is the Propel orange, it has enough cut, but still isn`t that harsh. I use that with OCP mostly and never have to follow up with another polish. One pad I hate is the Propel yellow, had a bad experience with that pad, seems to leave a worse finish than the orange and I had to go over it with the orange just to clean it up because green wasn`t harsh enough.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    Heavy Cut: Schlegel 175C, BuffĂ‚´n Shine 7503gy

Light Cut: Meguiars 7006, Automagic yellow, Schlegel 2002

Polishing: Meguiars 8006, Automagic green

Finishing: SM Arnold 70ooi(blue), Schlegel 2004, Meguiars 7006, SM Arnold 90ppi(grey)

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you find the Automagic Yellow and green pads?

I can get them easily through a supplier at work, but was wondering if it`s worth going with them? Can you get them off an online site for cheap? Also what backing plate would you use with them?
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I still prefer the Megs pads 90% of the time.

I also have the LC VC and Sonus SFX pads. Propel sound good but haven`t gotten around to ordering some.

I might start getting some larger 8" pads for the rotary and still deciding on which pads to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edge 1st, Sonus SFX 2nd and 3M third

One day I will try propel and some others
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lake Country white VC polishing pad is my work horse, especially on a rotary. I like it much more then the "constant pressure" version of the same pad.

The constant pressure orange power pad and the green "polishing pad for german paint", both sold by properautocare.com also get alot of use. I use them mostly on a PC for last step polishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    the only pads i`ve had experience with are the lake country so I pick them for right now. :furious:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gtpaul
    How do you find the Automagic Yellow and green pads?

I can get them easily through a supplier at work, but was wondering if it`s worth going with them? Can you get them off an online site for cheap? Also what backing plate would you use with them?

I`ve been using their foam and wool pads and their backing plates for over a decade. I get them from my local supplier, but you can also get them here:

http://www.automagic.biz/accessories/buffpads.htm

I`m sure my supplier can send them directly to you if you needed.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information