Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Thread: About the IDA

  1. #16
    Just One More Coat Beemerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Interesting concept but I don`t see it as any benefit to the detailer. As stated anyone could Google the answers. Auto detailing is not an academic test that can prove you are good. Hands on experience is the only way that a person can develop their skills.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

    Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

  2. #17
    tropicsteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Land O Lakes, FL
    Posts
    5,394
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    another sceptic. for $95.00 i would have to see the money trail too.

  3. #18
    CEE DOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I would be interested is seeing the budget for the IDA. - income, expenses, where does the money go?

    I AGREE! Someone is probably making a bundle.... But if so it won`t be my money they take.

  4. #19
    Just One More Coat Beemerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    I looked at the members and the guy they have in my town is a oil stop! I`ve been to this location and can`t even recall a detailer there?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

    Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

  5. #20
    COME AT ME BRO JaredPointer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,643
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    In retrospect, I never meant my original post to mean that I don`t believe in national/state/professional certifications, because that`s not the case. No disrespect or belittling was intended. I`m actually certified in my professional field, and I know I had to work pretty hard to obtain them, albeit against established criteria that`s pretty recognizable in the industry and with the general public. Which is why I am somewhat curious about the IDA certification - being as how I`m not exactly a `newb` to the detailing world and don`t really have a lot of cognizance about the group.

  6. #21
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lansing, MI USA
    Posts
    8,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    In retrospect, I never meant my original post to mean that I don`t believe in national/state/professional certifications, because that`s not the case. No disrespect or belittling was intended. I`m actually certified in my professional field, and I know I had to work pretty hard to obtain them, albeit against established criteria that`s pretty recognizable in the industry and with the general public.
    Same here. And every single IT certification I`ve taken, just like probably every Accounting certification you`ve ever taken, has been administered in a controlled environment.
    Charlie
    Automotive Appearance Specialist - Serving Greater Lansing, Michigan
    http://www.cchautoappearance.com/

  7. #22
    Just One More Coat Beemerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    In retrospect, I never meant my original post to mean that I don`t believe in national/state/professional certifications, because that`s not the case. No disrespect or belittling was intended. I`m actually certified in my professional field, and I know I had to work pretty hard to obtain them, albeit against established criteria that`s pretty recognizable in the industry and with the general public. Which is why I am somewhat curious about the IDA certification - being as how I`m not exactly a `newb` to the detailing world and don`t really have a lot of cognizance about the group.
    I didn`t take it that way JP. I don`t see the benefit in it, and no one from the site seems to be here, talking about it.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

    Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

  8. #23
    IDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Thank you for your contributions to the IDA segment of this forum. We do appreciate positive input about programs the International Detailing Association develops to help build a healthy, professional business environment for the detailing industry. We will no longer be monitoring or participating in discussions on this forum, but invite you to join us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and look forward to working with you.

    Sheryle K. Hazard, CAE
    Executive Director
    International Detailing Association

  9. #24
    SUPER MODERATOR GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Certainly was a short association. I`m not sure anyone here really has a good understanding of this organization. With a total of 8 posts, 4 of these saying goodbye, it really isn`t like we were well schooled.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  10. #25
    Just One More Coat Beemerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sonoma County, CA
    Posts
    12,320
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Certainly was a short association. I`m not sure anyone here really has a good understanding of this organization. With a total of 8 posts, 4 of these saying goodbye, it really isn`t like we were well schooled.

    I concur GH

    Quote Originally Posted by IDA View Post
    Thank you for your contributions to the IDA segment of this forum. We do appreciate positive input about programs the International Detailing Association develops to help build a healthy, professional business environment for the detailing industry. We will no longer be monitoring or participating in discussions on this forum, but invite you to join us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter and look forward to working with you.

    Sheryle K. Hazard, CAE
    Executive Director
    International Detailing Association
    Instead of running, why not answer the questions or concerns. What sort of organization are you running that you can`t do that?
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

    Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

  11. #26
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lansing, MI USA
    Posts
    8,784
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    What sort of organization are you running that you can`t do that?
    A completely and utterly useless one, it would appear.

    Notice they said they appreciate "positive feedback" -- they don`t appreciate us since we`re not drinking the Kool-Aid.
    Charlie
    Automotive Appearance Specialist - Serving Greater Lansing, Michigan
    http://www.cchautoappearance.com/

  12. #27
    SUPER MODERATOR GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    It seems to me that at this point the IDA has not garnered the support required to appear as the place where everyone should be. When I visited their site the industry supporters they listed (read, lack of industry supporters) didn`t come across as remarkable. This said, growing pains are expected and can be extremely difficult.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  13. #28
    dansautodetailing.com Stokdgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Posts
    4,533
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: About the IDA

    Interesting that the IDA never really replied, except through what looks like a "scripted reply", and not a Member of the Board (Bored) of Directors, etc., signing up and having the usual dialogue that goes on here..

    And now they are bailing and you have to find them elsewhere... So much for "support" of
    Detailers...

    Dan F

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •