Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning by GSRstilez

Mindflux, when speaking of the original poster you should know that he hasn`t even been on DC since late 06. This is definitely a resurrected thread. He did start this post in 04 which would put it at the same time of his thread over on Autopia.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Mindflux, when speaking of the original poster you should know that he hasn`t even been on DC since late 06. This is definitely a resurrected thread. He did start this post in 04 which would put it at the same time of his thread over on Autopia.
    Nod. I didn`t look to see when he last posted here. Just thought it wasn`t `right` to have a How-To with Oxyclean with pictures of a car he detailed with products other than.

Weekend Warrior RyansAutoDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i am currently using a wash bucket with stain remover and house soap i also am using armor all oxy power carpet upholstry cleaner which i feel works very well in most cases !

pre soak, then spray APC and carpet cleaner, let sit for 3 minutes then i mitt out the rest with the soap solution and scrub it literally till i feel all the dirt and grime lifted to the top of the carpet surface then i shop vac it dry and keep scrubbing till i suck up all the water ..

if it doesnt dry perfect i go back a second time with light APC solution and brush and just vac up after

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RyansAutoDetail View Post
    i am currently using a wash bucket with stain remover and house soap i also am using armor all oxy power carpet upholstry cleaner which i feel works very well in most cases !

pre soak, then spray APC and carpet cleaner, let sit for 3 minutes then i mitt out the rest with the soap solution and scrub it literally till i feel all the dirt and grime lifted to the top of the carpet surface then i shop vac it dry and keep scrubbing till i suck up all the water ..

if it doesnt dry perfect i go back a second time with light APC solution and brush and just vac up after
    I would ad a fabric softner afterwards to soften up the carpets/seats.(dilute1:3)

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

If the carpet fibers (or fabric upholstery) is stiff, that can be indicative of soap residue yet to be rinsed and removed.

Fabric softener would seem to result in quick resoiling if not rinsed completely out. Which would then render the step mute.

Does this thread still warrant "sticky status"? I don`t know that professional "carpet men" are using this method for cleaning carpet or upholstery. JMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they have changed this product I tried Oxy-Clean years ago and threw it out worst product that I ever used.
    Also on my own vehicles I don`t want to soak the carpet with any solution it is not necessary but I don`t allow my carpet go until it requires such drastic measures.
    Cleaning other peoples cars would be a challenge glad I don`t do that for a living.
    When walking past cars in a parking lot I can`t resist looking into cars as I walk by them and some look like you should call a hazmat team.

Reminds me of the pictures Steve posted of his wifes car.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

BB, I`m surprised at your disappointment with the OxiClean product. Assuming you were using it for laundry, I have found it to be a competent laundry boost product over years of use.

As for its use on carpet and upholstery, IMO there are a multitude of product specific options that I reach for first. Though OxiClean`s marketing does note it`s usage for carpet and upholstery stains.

Showroom Auto Detailing Bullitt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great write-up. Sorry for the long delay in a reply, but I feel like I`ve had a buffer in my hand for 5 months straight and am just now getting around to really diving into all the forums. I`ve used this method before, agitating with Megs 10:1 and also with Optimum PC 10:1 and both worked very well. One other thing I like to do is to put the Little Green clear plastic attachment on my Wet Vac to see what I`m extracting. Psychologically it makes me feel better. lol
    The Stable:
    08 Ford Explorer Sport Trac: Company Vehicle
    05 Corvette
    01 Mustang Bullitt
    98 Explorer: Loaner Vehicle
    05 Honda Civic: Loaner Vehicle/Daily Driver

http://www.showroommobiledetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up but have you ever had Oxy Clean (the Granular) mess up the carpet, like remove the die.

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

On my car I just use ammonia and water . One cup of ammonia to one gallon of water. Soak a towel in the solution and wring out and simply wipe your carpets and fabric seats , follow with a dry towel. It leaves fabric and carpets soft, leaves no residue to resoil, dry fast , and when the fabric drys the ammonia smell is gone with any other oders.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by black bart View Post
    When walking past cars in a parking lot I can`t resist looking into cars as I walk by them and some look like you should call a hazmat team.

Reminds me of the pictures Steve posted of his wifes car.
    hey my wife`s van resembles that remark as it does again

Quote Originally Posted by sullysdetailing View Post
    Thanks for the write up but have you ever had Oxy Clean (the Granular) mess up the carpet, like remove the die.
    check the dates ..this thread is 5 years old and the OP doesn`t post anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    On my car I just use ammonia and water . One cup of ammonia to one gallon of water. Soak a towel in the solution and wring out and simply wipe your carpets and fabric seats , follow with a dry towel. It leaves fabric and carpets soft, leaves no residue to resoil, dry fast , and when the fabric drys the ammonia smell is gone with any other oders.

Larry you are very brave or have lost your sense of smell .. I won`t even walk into a room where ammonia is used ... I get instant headaches
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome job. You make me feel like I overspent on a carpet extractor? It doesn`t seem like you need one, but you must have one right? If so what for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

Post Thanks / Like

An oldie but a goodie. The OP hasn`t logged in here since 2006.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information