Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    2005 Acura TL w/ NAV GLT Automotive's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning by GSRstilez

Great Post GSRstilez -- I tried this on my neighbor`s `94 Range Rover -- I don`t think he cleaned these mats at all until now...They came out looking great...(Sorry, no pic`s)

I printed your directions out and it is presently hanging up in the garage for all previous detailing jobs...I love watching customer`s faces when they pick up their cars...I think some of them actually believe I run out and buy new floor mats for them!

The seats in your pics are amazing...Did you take those out of the car when you cleaned them...and tell me again, how long you let the stuff sit before vacuuming?

Again, Amazing Post!!! Thank You Very Much!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning by GSRstilez

Glad its workin out .

GLT: I let em sit for about 10-15 mins. When I did that interior, it looked like 15,000 mile used motor oil. Absolutely black.

Post Thanks / Like

Sean,
    Great job on the carpets. Once you have returned to their original condition do you ever seal them with a Scotchguard type product?

kjmurphy
    Aviano Air Base, Italy

Post Thanks / Like

Two words Sean:

Awe Some.
    Cliff Claven is my hero
    2007 Silver Accord EX
    1999 Silver F-150 XLT

Post Thanks / Like

KJ: They are usually a touch damp even after drying for a few hours. I don`t offer Scotchgarding but it may be something to look into. Thanks for giving me a new hint .

freedre: Thanks .

Post Thanks / Like

I tried this method and am still having trouble getting dirt and stains out...Any suggestions?? length of time i should do this for/ or should i do it once and then do it again or how ever many times it takes to get rid of everything ??

Post Thanks / Like

Use a good pretreater... I currently use Folex (get it at Target or Lowe`s)

Use warmer water. I use the absolute hottest water that comes out of my sink.

Increase dwell time. I let dwell 10-15 mins and repeat the procedure if needed. That jeep was done twice consecutively. The owner was certain that it`d need new carpets. They actually asked me where to get carpets from before I started. When I was done, their minds changed quick.

Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

can simple green be used in place of the megs?
    `88 k5 lifted on 35s

Post Thanks / Like

I used 1:10 diluted Simple Green for a pre-treater and it worked great for lifting stains. In addition it left a nice smell behind. I would reccomend it to anyone who cleans their carpets using GSR`s method, it works very well.
    Rides
    `95 Ford Taurus- White, freshly detailed, holds lots, smokes coolant like a chimney.
    `89 Honda CRX Si- Primer black, fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubafeak
    I used 1:10 diluted Simple Green for a pre-treater and it worked great for lifting stains. In addition it left a nice smell behind. I would reccomend it to anyone who cleans their carpets using GSR`s method, it works very well.

I live by Simple Green. It works good as a pre-treater before Oxy.

AWD + 5k = :)
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just reading this for the first time. Looks interesting.

I have that same shop vac, and had a question about the filter. Mine came with two filters. One for dry, and one for wet. Are you saying to use no filter at all when your extracting the water?

Also, you said that you just scoop the water out of the bucket onto the floor with your hand. Do you do the same for the seats, or do you spray it on with something?

Thanks for the great write up.

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought i would tell you about the great experience I had with oxy yesterday. I was doing a van that had 2 1 foot diameter roughly Coca Cola Stains. They werent new either. I vacuumed the carpets and then sprayed my hi temp APC 20:1 on the spot and then shot some folex on there as well. After that i poured some HOT oxy mix onto the stain and let it dwell for about 5-10 mintues (more like 7). As i watched this I could see the white oxy was turning brown. I took my 6.5 HP shopvac and extracted and saw absolutly no reminence of a stain left.

I also want to throw one more tip out there. If you dont like it just send it right back. To prevent the gooeyness of water and sawdust and other crap in the shop vac and to keep the tube cleaned I put a bucket in my container. Mine is quite large so i can do this. IF you cant fit in a bucket you might try a garbage bag. After I was done I could see the Black and Brown Water that I have extracted from the Shop Vac. It was discusthing. And cleanup was a breeze. I just poured the dirty mixter into our firepit in the backyard.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning by GSRstilez

Sure the pics look great , but if your gonna do a before and after, take the exact same picture shots, and you sell what your doing a whole lot better

Pinnacle Detailing Owner GregCavi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Before:

After:

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning by GSRstilez

Hey GSRStilez Thank you sooo much for writing that out becaus eive been lookin for a nice effective way to clean carpet and i found it, and you instructions were sooo easy to follow i really apppreciate it, today i cleaned the carpet in this van that this woman was trying to sell, and wow the carpet was pretty bad, there was part where it was yellow, red and parts where she looked she spilled oil, it was a mess, so i vaccumed it out sprayed the shout, mixed the oxy clean powder with water but i didnt have warm water :-( but the cold water still worked great and since her stains were pretty bad i let the shout sit like 15 minutes then i put the oxy water on there and started scrubing and everything just seemed to lift out, i was amazed and so was she, my client was extremely happy and that made me extremely happy.. thank you sooo much

I have one more question.... there was a couple spots in the car where the stain didnt come completely out like some of the red stains turned really light pink, what would you say would helo bring those stains out? should i use something stronger than shout? or maybe it was the cold water?? what would you say???

thanks alot, Unique Detail...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information