Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampooing Cloth Seats (according to me)

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols View Post
    so where is the dirt? In the wool pad?

Cheers,
    GREG
    Most of it, yes. Twisted wool is especially absorbent. I always go back over them with a dry mf towel no matter what pad I use and wipe them down really well. If there is any dirt left, it will normally come right up with a wipe down because its been agitated so well. Naturally, every car and situation is different and you may have to repeat a few steps, change up products, or resort to an extractor.

I would like to add that I recently ran into some HORRID seats that this method alone just couldnt touch. I incorporated a heated extractor into the mix, and the results were astonishing. I done the normal thing with the extractor just as one normally would. After I had sucked out all of the solution that I could, I then went after them with the buffer and foam. They not only came out almost 100% clean, they were dry in no time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Lil Detlr View Post
    Umm.... it was posted a few months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    Lol its been up for a while. Give it a shot sometime. It works well

Yeah, my bad guys I didn`t really pay much attention to the original posting date . I`m just now coming across this thread. There really isn`t too much my new steamer can`t handle, but I`ll probably go get some dry foam and experiment anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, this looks like a great procedure. Guess I`m lucky that I already own a commercial steamer (well the Mrs. does - lol) and I`m guess a little spray with a spot cleaner followed up with steam should do a nice job. Wipe with a clean & dry MF and I`m good to go. Thanks for the tip - great job.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 09 Altima scheduled for tomorrow with filthy interior/cloth seats. I promised myself I would NEVER except another job like this several months back. However, curiosity has gotten the best of me again

Will report back my results tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, I might have to experiment with this myself. Love the idea nonetheless! I hate extracting/steaming fabric seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I have an 09 Altima scheduled for tomorrow with filthy interior/cloth seats. I promised myself I would NEVER except another job like this several months back. However, curiosity has gotten the best of me again

Will report back my results tomorrow

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

CEE DOG in da house

Awesome!

My wife says this plan sounds like we will create a bigger mess (`making mud pie` were here exact words). She is not sold on the idea

I myself have high hopes! I have my crusty, rusty & dusty Black n Decker raring to go

Post Thanks / Like

You`ll just have to prove it to her. Are these seats stained deeply into the foam, or is it mostly surface stains? If its really deep stuff, you will likely need to do some form of extraction first. What I`ve found to work well for the really nasty stuff is to just go all in right off the bat and extract them the best I can, let them dry (preferreably in the sun) for a few hours, then hit them with the foam and wool. That normally takes care of the wicking and general mess the extraction left behind on the surface.

Post Thanks / Like

You`ll just have to prove it to her. Are these seats stained deeply into the foam, or is it mostly surface stains? If its really deep stuff, you will likely need to do some form of extraction first. What I`ve found to work well for the really nasty stuff is to just go all in right off the bat and extract them the best I can, let them dry (preferreably in the sun) for a few hours, then hit them with the foam and wool. That normally takes care of the wicking and general mess the extraction left behind on the surface.
    All I`ve been told is "They Are Not That Bad", experience tells me this means they are a mess

I am already regretting accepting this job. My phone is going nuts with good paying, low hassle customers and then I go and accept this. If Magic doesn`t happen tomorrow with these seats this will be the last time I will accept a job like this. To much heartache putting forth so much effort only to achieve sub par results

I will report back the good, bad and ugly

Post Thanks / Like

Well hopefully for your sake they aren`t as bad as expected, but we all know how that usually goes. I just realized this thread has had over 14k views...holy crap

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a car to clean up that has cloth seats and an owner who has little respect for them. (That`s what happens when you buy cars for your kids and they go off to live in a different part of the country). I decided to try MrClean`s process here primarily because she is trading the car and I worried that the seats might take a long time to dry out if I went at them with a steamer. Spotted with Xenit, laid on Blue Coral, agitated briskly with my PC with an MF bonnet over a white pad. Wiped everything down with clean MF cloths. Seats came out looking like new! I`m sold!
    Regards,
    <TED>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information