Post Thanks / Like

Daddy, I drew all over your leather!! - How To Remove Ink From Leather

It was a normal, common morning at Casa de Helme...

The sound of bird`s chirping, waterfall`s running, and over-worked - under-paid laborers cutting grass... The sound of other people working was soon interupted...

"Daddy! I drew a picture on your couch!!!"

Suddenly I was Merlin in Top Gun, strapped helplessly behind the hot shot pilot Maverick after being camly informed that my pilot was going to bring the ravenous MiG in closer... My eyes popped out...

Leather`s Masters Ink Lifter was a product that had previously made no sense to me. Who needs to remove ink from leather? Who would ever have an ink pen near the petrified remains of cow skin? Before having a son, I would have lopped of a head with a machette at the very thought....

But, just like that, I had ink on my leather... and it had to go.

We have all heard the rumors, home remedies and myths about removing ink from leather...

"Use hairspray" they say.... Unfortunately the same solvents in hair spray will also attack the colored dye of your leather... A huge problem if you have pigmented leather (95% of cars do).

"Use a magic eraser" they say... The abrasion created by the mechanical foam will "scrub" away the ink, as well as the finish of your leather.

What to do? Go to Autopia-CarCare.com and purchase Leather Master`s Ink Lifter. Leather Masters is the USA division of an Italian company who is known world wide for making the highest quality products for leather and textile finishes. It is ALL they do, and they are the BEST at it. While you are there I would highly recommend picking up some Leather Master Strong Cleaner and Leather Master Protection Creme - but hey, that`s just me.

Note: Always test on an inconspicuous spot first. Leather Master products are safe for leather, but if your car`s leather has had a cheap re-dye/respray job, it could lift some color. If you have factory or quality leather in good health, you are good to go.

Leather Master Ink Lifter is packaged in a tube, similar to glue sticks. You remove the cap and "screw" the bottom to push some of the Ink Lifter up.

Using light pressure, rub Ink Lifter back and forth over the ink deposit until it begins to lighten.

The directions recommend letting Ink Lifter set for 30 seconds before removal. I found this step to be vitally important as it does seem to do a lot of work in this period.

Using light pressure, wipe the residue up with a plush microfiber towel. Don`t scrub, but add enough pressure to agitate the surface and work the remaining product against the remaining stain.

At this point, if the ink stain is still visible, REPEAT. In fact, repeat until the stain has been removed or lessened to your liking.

Then I would recommend cleaning the surface with Leather Master Strong Leather Cleaner and protecting with Leather Master Protection Clean.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daddy, I drew all over your leather!! - How To Remove Ink From Leather

LOL @ Wingman

Good thing you had that stuff on hand (and that jr. was honest in telling you what he had done) The longer ink stains sit IMO the greater your chances of them not being able to be removed

Happy 4th Todd and Jr !!

Post Thanks / Like

Everything from Leather Masters that I`ve used has been top notch. They really are the best at what they do.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Todd! I`m in the market for a leather kit. I was looking at PBL kit but the price has been keeping me at bay. If price was no concern which kit would you recommend, LM or PBL? Thanks.

I have black leather perforated seats in my 06 Acura TL.

Post Thanks / Like

Pete, the Maverick, Mitchell my family would always wait until I stumbled across something like this at least your`s would fess up. Good job.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Even during your departure you give us gems of knowledge. You have my total admiration Maverick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff Todd. You always did have the "Need For Speed" 😎
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the suggestion. pretty good price as well so went ahead and threw one in on the order i`m setting up

better to have it now than need it later

Brandt K.
    Thanks Jaguarfan thanked for this post

Thread Information