Thread: Odor Removal?

Post Thanks / Like

Odor Removal?

I`m looking for an effective way of removing cigarette smoke from the interior of vehicles. I have heard stories about Oxiders and Oxygen Generators. I don`t know much about either. My questions are What are some brands and models? Are there better options? What would be the startup cost associated with this type of machine? Are the effective? I`m just trying to figure out if it is worth the money to invest in something like that. I presently have a Mytee and really like it but I have an automobile dealership that is interested in having all there used cars that have smoke odors in them sent to be Oxidized. Sounds like it would pay for itself but I was wanting to check options and opinions here before I did anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Odor Removal?

look into RID ODOR PRO i have had great results using this product

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Odor Removal?

A couple years ago, the Shop brought me a newer BMW M5 that had an "Odor" in it after it had been "Cleaned" by the Auto Detailer that everyone knows on 124th St, Bellevue, across the street from BMW of Bellevue...

The new owner of this M5 drove his new "Baby" home and was sick the whole time - so bad that he did not drive the car for over a year...

The Auto Dealer had done some "Odor Removal" in the car before they sold it to him and they would not help him out with this issue...

I recognized the sick odor as a chemical of some sort that is sometimes used to cover up odors in smokers cars...

I went through every square inch of the car inside and removed a large amount of brown Nicotine - the heaviest deposits from the Left Side of the car from the glass, dash, steering wheel, seat belt, seat, carpets all the way straight back, a lot out of the headliner and a huge amount in the left side back, package tray and back glass...
    It was brown on all my white towels and I cleaned every part of the car until I could no longer get brown from any surface...

That nasty Odor Bomb or whatever you want to call it, was gone, all carpeted surfaces were cleaned, steamed, and extracted, and a can of Einszett Klima-Kleen was run through the A/C unit...

The car smelled "Clean" after that and the new owner was ecstatic ! He got his Baby back and has been happy ever since !

Im thinking that unless the smoker car has all the Nicotine Removed and a similar "odor remover" product is used, the car may have a smell that is not good and probably toxic to people, as obviously, this M5 had...

I have never, ever, been a fan of anything that covers up odors...
    Dan F

Thread Information