Post Thanks / Like

Carpet Extractors

I am looking to purchase some sort of entry line carpet extractor. I currently have just been using APC/Folex and a wet/dry vac. This has worked ok, but there are times I feel I need more. I can`t afford a $800 or $1000 machine at this time. Is there anything available in the $200 range that would give decent results. Thanks - Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpet Extractors

Bissel Little Green Machine is the best option for this price range, and you can buy them locally at Walmart or Target. I strongly suggest the Pro Heat model. They aren`t comparable to the big units, but they get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

The pawn shops around Indy seem to have a lot of these LGM`s . You might check around locally for a bargin.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

You would want as much water lift as possible to get all the brown dirty soapy water you are going to make cleaning carpeting or dirty cloth seats...
    The little machines are well, as good as they can get given the size of the motor, etc.., you may just have to spend a longer time getting all the muck out....
    The more junk you Extract, the better the carpets will look and smell...
    MityVac HP60 Spyder is what I use...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I think carpet shampoo will be a good option for car carpet cleaning. Carpet shampoo is one of the upholstery cleaners that are extensively used to clean not only the upholstery of the car seats but also the carpet of the car. Before using the carpet shampoo, use a wet-dry vacuum cleaner to vacuum the carpet. This would free the carpet of minute dust particles including hair, paper bits and sand. Use a scrub brush to rub in the shampoo foam into the carpet. Use as little water as possible when scrubbing the carpet. Once you have cleared the dirt and stains from the carpet, rinse the carpet well to remove the suds. The last step is to vacuum the carpet using wet-dry vacuum cleaner. Dry the car carpet well, prior to using it again. Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel is very good product for car carpet cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Bissell Auto Care Pro Heat (pretty much identical to LGM but black)

Post Thanks / Like

I almost always use a tornador with a vacuum cleaner and it does unbelievably well on carpets as well as cloth seats. Our small shop does anywhere from 5-10 interior details a week and I honestly cannot remember the last time I used our expensive extractor. The tornador also does great in all the vents and small cracks and crevices. If you`ve
    never heard of it, it`s a small tool you hook onto an air compressor, it has a small container attached you put chemical in, I usually fill it with shampoo and water. It then sprays the air through along with chemical to blast out the dirt, stains, ect. It honestly does great, then you can turn the chemical off so just air passes thru as well. It saves me so much time and leaves carpets very dry as well. Customers are always happy and I`ve had some pretty bad cars, so it does good. I would highly recommend it. Cost is around 150-200$ and you would of course need an air compressor to run it. I`ve used the one we have now on around 100 cars so far and it`s still going strong!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,I am new in autopia and I have questions about car carpet extractors.,what`s the bether to bay,Daimer xph6400ui price $2500 or mytte hp100 price $1300,who knows something about that,thank you in advance !

Post Thanks / Like

I would also recommend one of the Bissell versions. I would avoid a foaming cleaning as you will be dumping the dirty tank a lot more because the foam sets off the float too early. Something like Folex or CG Lightning Fast are good options. Here`s how I do it:

1) vacuum
    2) hot water in the bissell soap tank and wet down the upholstery or carpet with the trigger head of the unit (I never use the cleaner in the soap tank).
    3) spray cleaner and work into surface with an upholstery brush
    4) extract using the hot water in the soap tank. Move slowly to get a good rinse and good extraction.

Post Thanks / Like

wdmaccord- Yeah, I too usually have clear water in the tank, and/but I keep thinking I oughta be using a rinse agent instead. Every now and then I do need to really *inject* the cleaner down into the carpet/whatever, but not very often.

I do find that "defoamer" products work well. Not just regarding the float, but also makes for less strain on the pump (or so I`m told by people who know more about them than I do).

djdjordjo- My extractor is a Century, but I do have a Daimer steamer. Daimer`s customer service is pretty OK (not better nor worse) IME, but I have no idea about their extractors. Based on the steamer, I suspect they don`t actually manufacture the stuff themselves.

Give some thought to servicing. I`m glad my Century can be serviced locally. When (yeah, "when", not "if" ) it needs it, you don`t want to be shipping a big extractor a long ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you xxxs for advices ,it`s good to known that,but is some one known something about extractors,let my known,thank you in advance !

Post Thanks / Like

I have the big Ninja Extractor, and it does an amazing job of sucking water out of carpets... however I agree with jetta2011, the Tornador does 95% of the job of the Extractor, in less time, and leaves the carpets dry and well fluffed up. Doing the seats without needing to soak and extract is very nice when you want to deliver the car the same day!

That being said, I spent my first 5 years detailing with the Bissel LGM... and it did a great job.

My two cents!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StumpyDetailing View Post
    I have the big Ninja Extractor, and it does an amazing job of sucking water out of carpets...
    I find that mine extracts the moisture even better when I use a cobbled-together nozzle setup from one of my Bissels. The ones that came with the Ninja has such wide openings that they just don`t work well enough for my taste. Yeah, I`m possibly overworking the motors with that slim-slot nozzle, but it sure leaves things dry.

And just FWIW, I have a pair of older Bissels, including a BIG Green Machine, that`re still working great after decades. Can`t help but wonder if they still build `em like that these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I upgraded from the LGM to a full size bissel my mom had for 20 years.. Still works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information