Post Thanks / Like

Comparison: Sonax Dashboard vs. 1Z Cockpit

Sorry no pictures, but I wanted to share my experiences with the community.

I had always used 1Z Cockpit Premium because I had heard it was the best. Well, it is certainly hard to beat: pleasant scent, decent power, factory matte finish. What more could you ask for? Nothing, which is why I never tried anything else.

Well, in a recent order I figured that I would give Sonax Dashboard Cleaner a try. Sonax products have never let me down! They are really a great company and represent the German engineering notion well!

Product claims:
    SONAX Dashboard Cleaner is the universal cleaner and protectant for the inside of your vehicle. The easy spray-on emulsion formula gently and effectively cleans textured and soft matte finishes such as the dashboard and other synthetic interiors. SONAX Dashboard Cleaner leaves a low-glare, anti-static finish that complements any vehicle. (If you want more of the copy, just click the link for the product above).

I followed the directions and got the results as promised! Is it as factory as 1Z, no, but that`s not to say that it isn`t a matte finish. It really looks great! I did not find a scent with the Sonax, but there was no unpleasant odor coming from the product. When I wiped the dash, it was more "foamy" than the 1Z, which wipes totally clean immediately. It slowly dries to a matte finish, which can be buffed or left to dry naturally, in my observations.

I am not going to review the 1Z, but it is the best product if you want a "factory matte finish". The pleasant smell just adds to the experience. 1Z keeps the German engineering line alive, though. Sonax would be the best, if it were not for the 1Z product.

I welcome any questions or comments.

Happy detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Comparison: Sonax Dashboard vs. 1Z Cockpit

So is Sonax number two iyo?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your review. I`m currently using Optimum Protectant and and it also leaves a matte factory finish. Will pick up a bottle of 1Z Cockpit once I`m out.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll say this, using both and 1 more.

I use these 1Z cockpit on most of my customers cars, it has the best oem shine but does not like screens as much as sonax dashboard. In my opinion, cockpit is more of a cleaner/in between cleaning periods.

Sonax is a simple touch up product. I keep a a small spray of dashboard in my car at all time`s. That stuff love screens, it`s so easy to wipe down to a streak free finish.

My third is Chem guys silk shine, it has the least cleaning properties but leaves the best looking wet/oem shine. It`s not that cheesy armoral shine but is a step deep an richer than the two.

All that said, cockpit still goes the farthest especially per dollar and time wise. Silk shine is a bit cheaper but is harder to remove off plastics and windows, especially if your the kind of detailer that like`s to spray direct vs spraying a cloth an then wiping.

Just some observations...
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    So is Sonax number two iyo?
    Yeah, I would say it`s the second best if a matte finish is what you`re going for. If you want some sheen or shine, there are probably better products out there that are designed to leave something more substantial behind.

I think you`ll find other reviews consistent with this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    Yeah, I would say it`s the second best if a matte finish is what you`re going for. If you want some sheen or shine, there are probably better products out there that are designed to leave something more substantial behind.

I think you`ll find other reviews consistent with this...
    I agree. 1Z, Sonax and Ultima Interior Plus.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanx for sharing mate , got some Sonax products & it always was satisfying to me .

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review. Thanks for putting it together.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information