Post Thanks / Like

Mytee 8070 or Sandia (rebadged)

I`m currently looking into a hot water extractor. I have been looking into two models that seem to be somewhat in my price range.

Mytee only has a one year warranty
    Clean freak Sandia has a 5 year warranty

Mytee 130+ inches lift
    Clean freak Sandia 96 inches lift

Both heat water 200 degrees
    Both have 15 foot hoses
    Both have 100 cfm fan motor
    Both have 3 gallon tanks
    Mytee 120psi
    Cleanfreak Sandia 55psi

Price difference
    $644 mytee shipped
    Or
    $618 Sandia shipped

Non heated Sandia version is $340 shipped. Same specs except for the hose is 7 foot. Im assuming I could save some money and use warm to hot water, of course not boiling to clean with. same 5 year warranty.

Will the heat vs non heated make cleaning easier, faster, etc..? Will the roughly $275 make a difference over the nonheated?

Will the mytee 120psi pump excel over the 55psi Sandia? I know the water coming out that hard is basically your agitation.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mytee 8070 or Sandia (rebadged)

I`ve seen Mytee HP100s last 10+ years and used daily. Those things are bullet proof. Heated units are the way to go. The cold water units work, but even running hot water through them, they don`t compare to 210° of constant heat. I can`t speak for the other unit, but I`m a firm believer in Mytee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    I`ve seen Mytee HP100s last 10+ years and used daily. Those things are bullet proof. Heated units are the way to go. The cold water units work, but even running hot water through them, they don`t compare to 210° of constant heat. I can`t speak for the other unit, but I`m a firm believer in Mytee.
    So basically running 120 or 150 degree water in a nonheated extractor doesn`t clean as well?

I know hot water on some protein stains can actually set in or bake in the stain. Just trying to save some money here if I can.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot water will always clean better/easier than cold water.
    Higher pressure will always work better in this scenario that lower pressure.
    Higher water lift will always be better than lower water lift.

I also have a Mytee (HP60 Spyder) for over 5 years and it has totally changed the way carpets/carpeted mats, big rubber trunk mats, etc., come clean so much better and easier for my Shop.

All of the motors in the machine are easily accessible, and in all the years I have been hammering this machine, it has never failed me..
    If you live in CA, the Mytee company is in SoCal...

Tools for the machine, I am assuming you will want a carpeting tool and another one to get between the seats and the console, etc., are going to be a couple hundred bucks extra, I think...

When I went out to buy an Extractor, the biggest concerns I had were the ability to do great work quickly and thoroughly, and reliability... There are lots of Extractors out there, and I found this particular model to be the best fit for my needs..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Hot water will always clean better/easier than cold water.
    Higher pressure will always work better in this scenario that lower pressure.
    Higher water lift will always be better than lower water lift.

I also have a Mytee (HP60 Spyder) for over 5 years and it has totally changed the way carpets/carpeted mats, big rubber trunk mats, etc., come clean so much better and easier for my Shop.

All of the motors in the machine are easily accessible, and in all the years I have been hammering this machine, it has never failed me..
    If you live in CA, the Mytee company is in SoCal...

Tools for the machine, I am assuming you will want a carpeting tool and another one to get between the seats and the console, etc., are going to be a couple hundred bucks extra, I think...

When I went out to buy an Extractor, the biggest concerns I had were the ability to do great work quickly and thoroughly, and reliability... There are lots of Extractors out there, and I found this particular model to be the best fit for my needs..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nezff View Post
    So basically running 120 or 150 degree water in a nonheated extractor doesn`t clean as well?

I know hot water on some protein stains can actually set in or bake in the stain. Just trying to save some money here if I can.
    If you encounter a stain that you feel shouldn`t get heat, don`t turn the heater on. Easy fix

Post Thanks / Like

Nezff.....where did you find this Mytee 8070 for $644?

Post Thanks / Like

bought the mytee lite today from Detail King for $645 shipped.

$599 on sale.

Post Thanks / Like

bought the mytee lite today from Detail King for $645 shipped.

$599 on sale.
    It seems there are three Mytee Lite IIs. One with a 107" of waterlift, 85" of waterlift; and the other with a 130". Which one is Detail King selling? Also, what`s the CFM of this unit?
    The rest of the specs seem to be the same.

Post Thanks / Like

The new three stage motor has the 130 lift. There isn`t different models just new updated ones. The current one has a the new motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Damn that`s a steal at that price. Good find.

Post Thanks / Like

The motor on my HP60 is also the 3-stage.. You will love it !

I have NEVER seen anything but dark brown to black water when I drain my Recovery Tank. It is that good at pulling dirt out of carpets.

And another thing it does extremely well is to extract cloth covered seats, if you get those occasionally. Totally rocks on those as well..

Just getting as much embedded dirt out of carpets as possible totally changes the way a vehicle looks and smells.. Nothing like a "clean smell" inside a vehicle that only comes from getting as much dirt out as possible..

I frequently find carpets that were shampooed and not even rinsed well, so the Extractor is much better at eliminating all that extra dirty soap embedded in there too..

Congratulations on your future purchase ! Hope it all works out for you !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    The motor on my HP60 is also the 3-stage.. You will love it !

I have NEVER seen anything but dark brown to black water when I drain my Recovery Tank. It is that good at pulling dirt out of carpets.

And another thing it does extremely well is to extract cloth covered seats, if you get those occasionally. Totally rocks on those as well..

Just getting as much embedded dirt out of carpets as possible totally changes the way a vehicle looks and smells.. Nothing like a "clean smell" inside a vehicle that only comes from getting as much dirt out as possible..

I frequently find carpets that were shampooed and not even rinsed well, so the Extractor is much better at eliminating all that extra dirty soap embedded in there too..

Congratulations on your future purchase ! Hope it all works out for you !
    Dan F
    Yeah, that was mainly the reason I got it. Ive had some guys and girls come in with cloth seats. People cutting grass for a living and having embedded dirt in the seating. Women with spills and stains from kids in the seats.

Do you use a antifoam spray in your recovery tank? Ill be using straight water in my machine, but most probably pretreat.

Post Thanks / Like

also any advice you guys can give me on carpet cleaners or pretreatments etc..

Post Thanks / Like

also any advice you guys can give me on carpet cleaners or pretreatments etc..
    I like to use Meguiars APC+ for carpet or cloth seat cleaning. It is very low foaming, cleans very well, rinses easily, and leaves a nice clean scent.

Another very good carpet cleaner, stain remover is 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover for Carpet/Upholstery..

I use CHEMSPEC Biodegradable Crystal DeFoamer powder; just a little in the tanks, mixed with water, and have never had foaming issues...

My method is to really vacuum the carpets/mats a long time to get as much embedded dirt out while it is dry and hopefully easy to pull out.
    I will then spray the APC+ and/or 303 product on the carpeted area/s, and perhaps a little more on any stains. I use the TuffShine Tire Cleaning brush which is the perfect size and shape for most everything, and brush the lightly sprayed product in, go turn on the Extractor, key it up to make sure its spraying hot water, and spray and extract.

You can feel the top of the metal tool get cooler as the extracted water is pulled out of carpet. This will also tell you when there is little to no moisture coming up through the tool.

The more you pull up and out, the more dirt comes with it.. You have to decide when to stop by looking at how the carpet looks, and how dry it is.

Try to never soak the carpeting - it will get down past the carpet into the insulation below and it is harder to remove when its that deep. I always try to get the job done with as little moisture as possible - but not cutting any corners either. Its a balance.. You will get it...

I never run a "slurry" - mixture of cleaner and water through my machine in the cleaning/rinsing process.. It just seems like it will always leave stuff in the carpeting that will probably attract dirt again quickly, and Im not sure how good that is going through my pumps and stuff either..

There are a ton of products out there, just go crusing onto a place like JonDon, etc., and you will be inundated with things for cleaning of carpets, floors, etc...

I try to keep it simple and effective, and these products have cleaned zillions of feet of carpeting and mats just great.

Dan F

Thread Information