Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite product for rubber seals?

I also like Bold n Bright but really prefer the gel. The gel is really a thicker liquid closer to something like Optimum Opti-Bond.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m also a big fan of BnB but I have the spray version. Depending on the tire I also use Opti-Bond, PERL and BF.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have Opti-Bond but really doubt I will go with it again. For the most part, I have been completely underwhelmed with Optimum products. I`m thinking next will be either Bold n Bright Gel or CarPro PERL...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radarryan View Post
    I currently have Opti-Bond but really doubt I will go with it again. For the most part, I have been completely underwhelmed with Optimum products. I`m thinking next will be either Bold n Bright Gel or CarPro PERL...
    What didn`t you like about Opti-Bond? I actually switched to Opti-Bond from PB BnB. PERL is good stuff as well. I still use BnB whenever I`m in the mood for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 1Z Gummi on seals.

FYI, the little sponge on top pops off so you can clean it. I didn`t know this until I popped it off by accident one day.

I like BnB too, a little better than OptiBond.

But my favorite "dressing" for tires is Prima Infinity. Adam`s VRT is nice.

Never tried Pearl. I can`t imagine its much better (if any) than Infinity.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for a dressing or a coating?

Merlin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dc52nv View Post
    What didn`t you like about Opti-Bond? I actually switched to Opti-Bond from PB BnB. PERL is good stuff as well. I still use BnB whenever I`m in the mood for it.
    I know this goes against most "sophisticated" people on the forums, but I actually like a wetter looking tire. Not necessarily dripping wet to the point of slinging, but shinier than the matte, satin look that many products give. I`m thinking that PERL may be exactly what I`m looking for, plus I can always call Corey if I have a question. I saw the video of PB Bold `n Bright gel on AG with Mike Phillips demonstrating, and I really liked the look that it gave. Now, things always look different in person, but I have also read some good reviews of BnB gel.

The Opti-Bond was a little bit runnier than I prefer from a gel, and I didn`t think that it was the best product for what I like. I won`t be getting rid of it because my Dad prefers the satin look for tires so this would probably be good for when I detail his sports cars. Also, I may dilute the Opti-Bond 1:1 and spray it on wheel wells, unless others may be able to recommend another product for this specific task. Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I use 1Z Gummi on seals.

FYI, the little sponge on top pops off so you can clean it. I didn`t know this until I popped it off by accident one day.

I like BnB too, a little better than OptiBond.

But my favorite "dressing" for tires is Prima Infinity. Adam`s VRT is nice.

Never tried Pearl. I can`t imagine its much better (if any) than Infinity.
    I`ll have to try the Prima. Have you used the BnB spray or gel? I almost always prefer a gel for tire dressings, for the added control and also, at least generally, superior look.

Thank you for the tip with the sponge applicator! I never had a problem until I let my dad use it on his seals and he applied it before cleaning - needless to say it is now a blackish looking applicator. It`ll be nice to turn it back to its original color.

What type of look does the Prima give you? If you have a review of it I will search the site so you won`t have to re-type anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Are you looking for a dressing or a coating?

Merlin
    I would say dressing. I have CarPro DLux and have used it on my exterior trim and plastic but I did not know it can be used on flexible seals. Based on the way that it cures I would think that it would be detrimental to the weatherproof integrity of the foam rubber. Maybe you can speak from practical experience but using DLux really never entered my mind until I read your post.

The fact that you talk about sanding makes me think we may be talking about different things. I am talking about the weatherstripping seals that are a rubber foam that are a barrier between doors, hatches, convertible latches, hoods, etc. I don`t know how I could sand them like I could exterior trim. I may be completely off base and coating them is commonplace, but I have never heard of it before. Prior to finding detailing forums, I would just use a silicone dressing to keep the rubber soft and "moisturized". Now I have been using the 1Z Gummi Stick, but just wanted to see if there was anything out there that was considered superior.

Post Thanks / Like

1Z Gummi Pfgledge...

As far as tires, BLACKFIRE Total Eclipse will create a wetter (not wet), dark look with multiple coats and it will last.

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s #40 has always worked well for me on seals. It cleans very well, moisturizes and restores a nice dark color.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information