Is 1z Einzett Cockpit Premium giving me enough UV protection on the dash of my 911 cabriolet. I know on the website they state that Cockpit Premium has some UV inhibitors but that it is really unnecessary because the windshield filters out so much of the UV rays.

Well, I have a convertible so I am concerned that those pesky UV rays are getting through and could potentially be drying out my dash (okay, it may be me being really OCD and the odds are it would take years for anything to happen but like most I am insistent on the greatest protection.) I like the matte look that Cockpit Premium offers over some of the greasier-looking dressings that tout UV inhibition.

To be fair, I know most love 303 products, especially given its UV protection. I have never used 303. From what I`ve heard, there are some that say it is a matte look, some that say it has a slight sheen, and some that say it is way to greasy - even with buffing. I have seen videos where 303 really excels with vinyl, but the dash of my 911 is a plastic (I think, 95%).

If I want to stay within the 1z family, I was thinking about using their exterior rubber protectant, Vinyl-Rubber Protectant but then I would need to either buff it to a matte finish or go over it with a light spray of Cockpit Premium to remove the sheen. If I do that, I am then in the same boat I may be in with the 303.

I think I have read that if I do the former (the protectant followed by the Cockpit Premium) it would not remove much of the UV protection but would cut the shine.

I have not used many dash products. I found the 1z Cockpit Premium provided mild cleaning power with a factory look - exactly what I needed (as Mike says - find what you like and use it). If I needed more cleaning power I could always go with Deep Plastic Cleaner, but then I think it would remove all the UV protection I was striving to add.

Maybe I`m over-thinking this because it`s almost 8am, I am watching the Open Championship and haven`t slept yet?

I just want a matte look, UV protection, solid yet mild cleaning power, and a no grease application. Is that too much to ask? Recommend a perfect solution! I am not married to any brand; I just want the best.