Bop's Auto Wash & Detail GThg3zx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Any affordable decent WetVac machines?!?

I need a WetVac machine ASAP. I`ve been detailing cars through my new shop and the extra work and time put in scrubbing and what not is just not worth it nor professional! ...

I know these machines can be very pricey... Any suggestions?!?!?

Thanks guys!!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any affordable decent WetVac machines?!?

Are you thinking about a real Extractor, or just a Shop Vac that also vacuums water/moisture?
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Real extractor...

Post Thanks / Like

Silly, but since I do this on the side I just use the Bissel "Little green machine" it heats up the solution for extraction. If it`s stubborn areas I just hook the end onto my shopvac. This is all until I have the $$$ to get a Mytee, and of course now I want the new RUPES buffer.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GThg3zx View Post
    Real extractor...
    There are a lot of Extractors out there.
    I personally have a Mytee HP60 Spyder; a nice sized machine that has pretty decent pressure and really great water lift. It has a water heater and that also helps in cleaning and rinsing/extracting.

This machine has done a zillion cloth interiors and almost as many canvas convertible tops. It really does these better than anything else I have ever tried.

It is not cheap and the tools for it are expensive as well, but once you get it all set up, it works great on any kind of vehicle interior where cloth and carpeting are your cleaning goals.

You will want to research all you can learn about carpeting and cleaning, and the products that work the best for different kinds of stains, etc., when you get those high end jobs that mean everything has to come out perfectly.

It never ceases to amaze me after I use it in any vehicle, even those that look clean to start, at how much brown to dark brown to black water comes out of the recovery tank when finished. All that brown/black stuff was in the car floor mats and carpeting. No amount of scrubbing with a brush and whatever will really get that stuff you now loosened up out as well as an Extractor will.

Depending on how you use it, how much water you introduce into the areas cleaned, the ambient temps, is it sunny outside, etc., you may need to put a fan into some vehicles to blow air over the damp areas to help dry them out faster.

If you happen to live in a perpetually warm climate - Texas, California, the South, then drying times are much faster for sure.

There are other makes and all have different specs, pricing, etc..

I bought this machine because I didn`t want to have to buy another one later, and wanted good pressure, good sized water tanks, water lift and heat, and several years have gone and it has been a workhorse that has never let me down.

All the motors are located and accessed easily in the bottom, and all can be changed out, etc., with little difficulty.

I love this machine !

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

i too have a mytee hp60 and love it. i now use it in conjunction with a tornado. hit the bad stains with it do the door panels and dash then bam the mytee finishes up. just did a 17 year old lincoln today. real chocolate in them floors. saved at least 1+ hours with rupes. but i am whipped anyway. i started with the smaller mytee and was glad i moved up to hp60.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...

Let me ask you this since I now have the extra cash to buy this type of equipment - What would be my best bet for a pro leveled extractor, but not having to pay a couple grand? Are there any? ... I`d love to have what most of you have, but I`d be living in a cardboard box by the end of the week!! Ha! Too much money for me right now.

Any recommendations I`d REALLY appreciate as always! Even a website/name brand.

Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

hp 60 is 1139 and other is 800. there are smaller units too but not probably want you want.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s well talked about throughout the detailing community...! Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks again for the comments!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GThg3zx View Post
    It`s well talked about throughout the detailing community...! Looking forward to trying it out! Thanks again for the comments!
    I`ve got one and they work great. I made the mistake of not emptying the reservoir because I was in a rush and they are impossible to get clean after leaving over night

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip

Thread Information