Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil?

How much do you use and how long do you leave it on?

I have heard 24 hours but what about when the sun goes down?

As for how much I heard to "Slather" it on?

I am doing my interior of my V. I also have a leather wrapped dash and console. Should I also do those?
    2006 Black Raven Cadillac STS-V
    4.4L Northstar Supercharged V8
    459RWHP@5888rpm w/2.4 pulley
    451lbft@4696rpm

Here are my Cars:My Garage
    Here are my Videos:My Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil?

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    How much do you use and how long do you leave it on?

I have heard 24 hours but what about when the sun goes down?

As for how much I heard to "Slather" it on?

I am doing my interior of my V. I also have a leather wrapped dash and console. Should I also do those?
    If you are going to use it you can use it on any leather surface.

I would say about 6-8 ounces, a nice even, thin coat over all of the surfaces. 6-8 hours is plenty IF you are able to get the temperature above 90 degrees in the inside (higher is better).

Post Thanks / Like

depending on leather condition too right?? well i had it for like 10hours. My seats were clean to begin with but i just thought the longer the better . plus the temp was like 95-98 so took advantage of that. and i am glad with the results if you follow the correct instructions. :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Yes the entire interior is leather wrapped with baseball stitching. It`s an STS-V.

It looks like this:

2006 Black Raven Cadillac STS-V
    4.4L Northstar Supercharged V8
    459RWHP@5888rpm w/2.4 pulley
    451lbft@4696rpm

Here are my Cars:My Garage
    Here are my Videos:My Videos

Post Thanks / Like

Not to defer from the advice on this site but the leathique site has a lot of instructions processes and what you can use it on
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I just used it again today. It can be difficult to use if you don`t do it right. The first time I used it I slopped it on real thick and didn`t leave it on long enough, consequently it was a bear to remove. Today I applied it so that the seat was covered but not dripping down vertical portions. Used a foam paintbrush. Left it on from 8 until 5 with windows up, and car in sun. Was about 78 today. It was tacky at the end but mostly dry. Came off fairly easily but took two rounds of spraying with the cleaner and wiping with towels.
    Towels were filthy when I was done. I have never used anything that works this well on older leather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post

I would say about 6-8 ounces, a nice even, thin coat over all of the surfaces. 6-8 hours is plenty IF you are able to get the temperature above 90 degrees in the inside (higher is better).
    Hello Todd Will Leatherique Rejuvenator penetrate into Pigmented, or what`s sometimes referred to as "painted" leather?

I`m unsure how effective this product would be on such leather surfaces?

Many vehicles today (such as my Tahoe) have pigmented leather. Mark

Post Thanks / Like

owned a 12 ctsv black diamond with leather myself. i used leatherique a couple of times on it. dont put it on too thick for sure but check back to find if some spots need more product. i licked to massage it a bit as i applied it with a mf sponge. everyone talking about these 75-90 temps make me envious. i live in oregon and it almost never gets that hot so i would use the heater too and pick warmer days. i also found that leaving it on for much longer was even better 24 hours at least. i have used it on lots of other cars with painted leather type seats and it works well there just that the end product doesnt seem as glove soft. the price of Leatherique makes it kind of special and used sparingly but it rocks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Leatherique twins many times. For the Rejuvenator Oil I like to use spray head to spray it onto the leather and then work it in with a MF applicator or a foam applicator. I continue to apply and work it in until it does go in anymore. I then let it set for as long as possible in the sun or with heat. I like to let it set 24hrs or more if possible.

The seats in my Acura are finished coated leather. And the Leatherique twins have always worked well.

I use the Pristine Clean I the same way. Use a sprayer and apply it to the leather. Then use a MF towel to clean everything up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I have used Leatherique twins many times. For the Rejuvenator Oil I like to use spray head to spray it onto the leather and then work it in with a MF applicator or a foam applicator. I continue to apply and work it in until it does go in anymore. I then let it set for as long as possible in the sun or with heat. I like to let it set 24hrs or more if possible.

The seats in my Acura are finished coated leather. And the Leatherique twins have always worked well.

I use the Pristine Clean I the same way. Use a sprayer and apply it to the leather. Then use a MF towel to clean everything up.

Thank you Troy for your answers.

I think for the mean time, I will continue to treat with what products I have on hand, such as Lexol. I think I have a small sample bottle of WG, or Pinnacle product on hand, which will serve for one good use.

But when I do order more goodies again in the future, I will seriously keep Leatherique in mind.

My seat have always been kept clean, I`m quite fussy like that, but what has happened over the years, is the driver`s seat bottom is starting to show small cracks in the leather. Mostly on the left bolster.

And at these cracked areas, the leather looks darker that than the grey finish, and sort of looks like ass. No doubt caused by both this seat being used the most, and an eventual drying of the leather also.

The Leatherique I`m hoping will arrest any further cracking, add moisture-suppleness, but I might also need a correct color dye to apply carefully to hide these cracked areas from being quite as noticeable? I think this would help mucho, along with the Leatherique two-step process.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve always heard to leave it on 24 hours, and to use it on a very hot day.

Post Thanks / Like

You should only need thin coat for the product to do the trick. Here are a couple guidelines to get the most out of it. I have years of professional experience working with leather in vehicles and furniture.

1. Apply a thin coat. You don`t need to slather it on thick.
    2. Do the job on a warm, dry day. Humidity and moisture are your enemies.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven`t used it, but "oil" and "leather" makes me nervous, I always thought you don`t want oily products on leather

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly you don`t need to use anything on automotive leather. It is called "finished" leather which means it is coated with a thin layer of vinyl, and NOTHING penetrates it. So applying all kinds of leather products on your leather cars seats is a complete waste of money, if you are looking for protection.

However, if you like shiny seats and leather smelling seats, go ahead. Some products do smell nice.

That said, if you do have unfinished leather, like some very high end European luxury cars, then leather products are helpful, much the same as we apply leather products to our horse saddles, etc. All I use on my vehicles seats is a mild soap and water to clean them. My car is new, however my wife`s is six years old and the leather looks new, and has never been "treated" with anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Hello Todd Will Leatherique Rejuvenator penetrate into Pigmented, or what`s sometimes referred to as "painted" leather?

I`m unsure how effective this product would be on such leather surfaces?

Many vehicles today (such as my Tahoe) have pigmented leather. Mark
    Mark,

The answer is yes/no/maybe...

Starting with no... If the pigmented coated (painted/protected) is brand new then it is likely that none of the Leatherqiue will penetrate the finish...

Yes... The pigmented coating will develop microscopic tears and pores over time. The constant flexing of surface will accelerate this wear, which does expose the leather hide underneath... Also holes in the leather, such as near the stitching, provide a direct path to the hide underneath.

Maybe... It really depends on the age and condition of your leather as to whether leatherique is going to offer any benefit. If the car is lightly used, sits in a garage, and is less then a year old, leatherique will offer little benefit.

On the flip side, if your car`s leather experiences heavy traffic, temperature extremes, and daily the leatherique treatment will work extremely well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information