Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am very interested in this topic. Honestly, I hate leather seats. They just don`t remain "new " enough looking for my liking. They are hot and sticky in the summer and cold in the winter. I have used many traditional leather products on the black napa leather seats on my BMW much more frequently than recommended, and the drivers seat still shows signs of wear. I would much prefer a nice velour / leather mix like BMW`s "M cloth" they used on some European M cars:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362077009.138960.jpg

My Nissan Pathfinder has 103k on the odometer. It has velour seating. Even the driver`s seat shows little if any signs of wear, even on the bolsters:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362076581.462826.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362076609.390273.jpg

I`ve done some Internet research, and opinions on coated leather seem to be divided. At this point, I`m just cleaning and protecting them with CarPro Fabric and Leather, as that leaves a protective coating.

My question about the Leatherique system is:

1. It seems to clean very well, does it leave protection behind against UV (convertible) and the mechanical abrasion caused by sitting in the seats?

2. Can you use a "leather coating" like L1 or Fabric and Leather after the Leatherique process, or will you be "cleaning out" all the Leatherique that soaked in over your 12-24 hour dwell time.

I like that Todd gives specific strait forward factual and knowledgeable answers and doesn`t give an answer that is pretty much common sense. Thanks Todd!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil?

I used the leather rejuvenator, left on overnight. Then cleaned with pristine clean, and noticed that the sheepskin seatcovers had tranfered some dye on the edge of passenger seat. After the clean up the dye transfer is still there. Should I repeat or try something different? The rest of the surfaces are beautiful. Maybe better than new because it seems softer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post

My question about the Leatherique system is:

1. It seems to clean very well, does it leave protection behind against UV (convertible) and the mechanical abrasion caused by sitting in the seats?

2. Can you use a "leather coating" like L1 or Fabric and Leather after the Leatherique process, or will you be "cleaning out" all the Leatherique that soaked in over your 12-24 hour dwell time.
    1. My understanding is that the Presitine Clean does leave behind some UV absorbers and a fine coating that will protect against mechanical wear.

2. The oils are absorbed into the hide, not the pigmented/painted coating. You can still use a sealant on top, but I would lightly wipe the surface with a diluted APC, such as BLACKFIRE prior to application (or use the companies recommended cleaning procedure).

Post Thanks / Like

The Leatherique Twins on my shopping list for sure .

Post Thanks / Like

Would this be recommended for a four year old that is left out in the sun a lot? I don`t know if it`s my imagination but it feels as if my leather has become super hard since the original purchase?

I already used some leather master rejuvenator oil, not the biggest fan.

Post Thanks / Like

it should soften them up. just make sure it gets hot and the product has time to work. i use the pristine and buff off vigorously with a terrycloth towel. this stuff has a world wide great reputation and i feel that many people are critical of everything and would find flaws in a steel ballbearing. good luck

Post Thanks / Like

i did mine on my Lexus and it turn out to be just awsome!! if not sure always test it out
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

I apply a layer of Rejuv by hand literally until the seats until they are "soaking wet".

however i do not pull the car under the Sun bvos i do not like the idea of adding UV exposure to paint and interior!
    Hello!
    My name is Dennis!

Post Thanks / Like

Received the twins , should apply these soon . Thanx for the tips in here mates .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PPLd View Post
    I apply a layer of Rejuv by hand literally until the seats until they are "soaking wet".

however i do not pull the car under the Sun bvos i do not like the idea of adding UV exposure to paint and interior!

Although I do understand your concerns, you really should try it -or- add heat while using Rejuvenator Oil. It really seems to make it work better.

Post Thanks / Like

i just bought a case of leatherique and think it is the best of all. however if i couldn`t get it hot enough to work (a real possibility here in Oregon) i would not even buy it. Without proper heat it is average at best and i have been promoting this for years to everyone.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

but remember, most of us don`t have "leather"

Automotive Leather
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys I have a 2012 Kia Optima SX with a leather steering wheel. I bought it used in great shape but have noticed the steering wheel is getting shiny. I HATE shiny leather (No offense to those who like it). Im looking for a product that will bring it back to more of a matte finish and make it softer again. Heard a lot about leatherique but the products they sell seem to be countless. What do you guys think? Im afraid to have anything just sit on the leather overnight or something. Just wanna get the oils out!! TY ALL

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to try and revive a dead thread.. Anybody have any suggestions?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

A good leather cleaner should remove that shiny, oily, stuff that comes off of hands and gets on the steering wheel cover.

Just remember that this cover is thin, and the color on it is thin, so dont go crazy hard.

Just gently rub some on a section, wipe it gently, and see how it looks..

I like to use Zaino Leather Soft Cleaner Z9.. Its gentle, PH balanced, a liquid so easily controlled, and not so strong that you will remove the pigment easily...
    It always leaves a matte finish on the steering wheel covers for me...
    And all that brown gunk comes off on the white towel I use to wipe it clean..

There are other cleaners that people like - this is the one I like..
    Dan F

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information