Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cracks in Leather...

looks much better to me. i would do another tantex . i think you have reached to point of diminishing returns. just hope you`re satisfied with these results. you could invest in leatherique but it is pricey and probably would`nt do much more than what you have there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Custom Care View Post
    Finally got around to working on the wife`s 03` Accord leather interior. I don`t believe the previous owner knew anything about taking care of the interior of the vehicle. The dash looks like it never got any sort of UV protection and the leather seats have definitely seen better days.

I did a test spot cleaning using OPC diluted 10:1 sprayed on and agitating with a Swissvax leather brush and wiped off with MF. It`s hard to tell from the pictures but right side has been cleaned.

After cleaning the interior I tried out the Tantex using a basic yellow foam aplpicator. The leather sucked up the dressing and there really wasn`t anything to buff off after about 30 seconds.

Like I said, the leather has definitely seen better days and with the way it soaked up the Tantex I`m wondering if I should try putting another coat on or moving up to something stronger. Any suggestions?
    Assuming the Tantex is the darker side of the bottom picture continue with it. No product ends years of abuse with one application. My nephew uses Tantex on his King Ranch truck and swears by it. King Ranch seats are $5000 to replace if stolen which he found out the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    looks much better to me. i would do another tantex . i think you have reached to point of diminishing returns. just hope you`re satisfied with these results. you could invest in leatherique but it is pricey and probably would`nt do much more than what you have there.
    Yeah, I`ve relegated my efforts to strictly damage control at this point. It was a little disheartening to see the end results but it`s a good lesson learned about the extent of what can and can`t be fixed. I will definitely be keeping these pictures to help show potential customers not just the benefit, but the necessity of protecting their interiors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    Assuming the Tantex is the darker side of the bottom picture continue with it. No product ends years of abuse with one application. My nephew uses Tantex on his King Ranch truck and swears by it. King Ranch seats are $5000 to replace if stolen which he found out the hard way.
    You`re right, the Tantex was on the lower portion. I`m going to section off the passenger side seat and try to do a comparison of up to three or four different coats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information