Post Thanks / Like

BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant

Any thoughts on the new blackfire interior protectant on the dashboard of a 2003 silverado? This dash has a plastic coating, not solid color. I have been using Vinylex and i think this is causing my dash to peel. With the new blackfire being a waterbased product I am wondering if this will stop the peeling.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BLACKFIRE Interior Protectant

I haven`t used it on that material yet but, on standard vinyl, is really good. I like being able to control the amount of gloss with it. Not a fan of Vinylex - gave my last bottle away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Any thoughts on the new blackfire interior protectant on the dashboard of a 2003 silverado? This dash has a plastic coating, not solid color. I have been using Vinylex and i think this is causing my dash to peel. With the new blackfire being a waterbased product I am wondering if this will stop the peeling.
    The old days of solvent based dressings causing damage (or increasing the rate of damage) to the interior materials is long gone. Sometimes it is just normal wear-and-tear that causes damage or shoddy manufacturer materials.

BLACKIFIRE Interior Protectant is water based and will definitely not accelerate the aging process of interior plastics and vinyl. It has concentrated UV protectors that will fight UV sun fade. What is very nice is that you can use it on all surfaces (minus glass of course) and vary the level of sheen depending on how you apply it.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions for getting the vinylex crap off of the dash without making it peel any more? Or should I just wait several weeks before applying the blackfire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Any suggestions for getting the vinylex crap off of the dash without making it peel any more? Or should I just wait several weeks before applying the blackfire?
    I would try a damp sponge/cloth and lightly wipe. You could remove it with a mild dilution of all-purpose cleaner or BLACKFIRE Interior Cleaner, but given that you vinyl seems to be on its last leg, I would start with water.

Thread Information