Post Thanks / Like

Cleaning & Conditioning Leather w/Pinnacle

Do the leather seats in your daily driver look and feel like they need a little TLC? If you haven`t cleaned and conditioned them in a couple months then it`s probably time. You should treat your leather like you treat your skin - keep it hydrated! If your car has been good to you, be good to your car and give it a little pampering every now and then with Pinnacle.

Pinnacle manufactures a complete line of cleaners, waxes and polishes that are recognized world-wide for bringing out the maximum shine and clarity to painted finishes. To compliment the award-winning shine Pinnacle waxes provide on the exterior of your vehicle, Pinnacle has a complete line of leather care products to pamper your vehicle`s leather surfaces. Like the carnauba waxes that Pinnacle manufactures, their leather care products are easy to use and are sure to exceed expectations.

The leather seats in your vehicle take a lot of abuse on a daily basis. If not cared for properly, the leather will have a cheap, vinyl-like sheen after a while. You shouldn`t carelessly use just any product to clean and condition them because leather is expensive to replace. Here at Autopia Car Care we have a vast selection of leather cleaners and conditioners along with an assortment of brushes and other tools to make caring for your vehicle`s interior effortless.

Here is what a leather seat from your typical daily driver looks like after a couple months. It feels rough to the touch and has a greasy, oily sheen to it.

Before cleaning and conditioning the seats give them a good vacuuming with a powerful vacuum, such as the Metro Vac N` Blow. With 4.0 peak horsepower and a wide variety of different tools and attachments to choose from, there is no nook or cranny that the Vac N` Blow can`t clean.

After the seats have been vacuumed, spray an ample amount of Pinnacle Leather & vinyl Cleaner onto the desired area. Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl cleaner is a pure cleaner that doesn`t contain any silicone oils, petroleum solvents or gloss agents. The water-based surfactants safely and effectively break up grease, dirt and bodily oils in every pore of the leather`s surface leaving it squeaky clean.

I like to use a high quality upholstery brush to provide the necessary agitation required to deeply clean the leather. The brush I keep coming back to is the Natural Horse Hair Upholstery Brush because it features an ergonomic handle that`s easy to hold and the natural horse hair bristles massage the dirt out of the leather`s pores. The Natural Horse Hair Upholstery Brush is safe, easy to use and the price won`t offend anyone.

After the seats have been given a thorough cleaning, pat dry them using a high quality microfiber towel. I like using the patting method because a lot of times if you wipe the towel across the surface, it will feel grabby and be more difficult to dry.

Once the leather has been thoroughly cleaned, you must condition the surface to replenish essential oils in order to maintain the soft, supple texture and feel. Pinnacle Leather Conditioner features a lanolin-based formula that`s rich in natural oils to condition and protect leather surfaces.

I like to apply the conditioner by hand because doing it that way allows you more control as you go over the different contours of the seats.

Because this seat in particular was really dry, I applied a liberal amount of the conditioner and let it soak in for about fifteen minutes before removing any excess. If your seats aren`t that dry, you can remove any excess conditioner a minute or two after application.

To remove the excess conditioner I used a clean, dry microfiber towel and lightly patted the seats.

Cleaning and conditioning your leather seats doesn`t take long and the end result is well worth it. Not only does the seat in this Chrysler look and feel new, but thanks to the natural leather aroma of the Pinnacle Leather Conditioner, the interior smells like a new car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning & Conditioning Leather w/Pinnacle

Great work Nick. I need a Vac and Blow vac !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing this write-up Nick!!! The leather seats look brand new!

The Metro vac needs some little TLC too. 4" BP with the 3401 to the rescue?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, I`ve been using the Pinnacle leather cleaner + conditioner on my clients cars, and although I don`t think it does as good of a job as cleaning first then conditioning, it still does an excellent job if you know how to use it.
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great work Nick. I need a Vac and Blow vac !!!!
    Yes, you do Pat!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    The Metro vac needs some little TLC too. 4" BP with the 3401 to the rescue?
    Great idea Marc!

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    Nice job, I`ve been using the Pinnacle leather cleaner + conditioner on my clients cars, and although I don`t think it does as good of a job as cleaning first then conditioning, it still does an excellent job if you know how to use it.
    The Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner is a great one-step product and works best for maintaining leather that is already in great shape.

Post Thanks / Like

Great article Stig!

Thread Information