Thread: Red

Post Thanks / Like

Red

Any good ideas (which Im sure there is!) on how to remove red liquids from carpeting etc...Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Red

I have recently tried a product called Red Relief by Pros Choice. Found out about it be searching on various detailing forums. This product was brought up often with claims of good results. It is a two part product that you mix in equal amounts and apply to red stains such as Gatorade and items that contain red food dye. After putting the mixture on the stain a wet towel is used to cover the stain. Using a steam iron (stolen from the wife in the house) you hold it down on the towel using the steam function. I had red Gatorade spilled on a gray Mazda6 carpet and floor mat. All but the slightest tint of red was removed. On darker colors I can see it doing quite well. On white or extremely light carpet , multiple apps might be required. Try Pros Choice.com and they will explain the product and show you where it is available in your area. My purchase was from a local janitor supply store. I have no connection to this company and with a goggle search you will find a few other vendors offering two part cleaners along this same line.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the Red Relief. I normally dye the section after I`ve gotten it the best that I can. Takes care of most of the red wicking back through.

Post Thanks / Like

I apreciate the input will look into this. I happen to know the distributor for pro in this area but havent had a lot of use with the pro products.

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates? How did it turn out for you?

Thread Information