Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    An LED headlamp can help see any spots.

I use Stoners but if the interior glass is nasty it gets alcohol first.

Stoners (and others) have a tool that helps you get into low profile (shallow angle) windshields.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like using distilled water and vroom glass towels

Sometimes interiors need something a little stronger if they are really dirty. sprayway or stoners first and then going over it again with distilled water works for me .

Suggestion on using sunlight to see any streaks is also a good one ! I try to do the same .
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like

Glass

Thanks for all the help will be trying it

Post Thanks / Like

glass

you could also use klasse aio-use it lightly and wipe off,gets the oils of the glass to make it easier to use glass cleaner after klasse-works for me

Post Thanks / Like
    My interior glass gets a 3-step process and always comes out spotless.

1. Gather needed supplies.
    2. Give supplies to wife.
    3. One hour later, spotless glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use mostly Sprayway on the exterior but I always use two towels: one for the initial wipe and a dry one to buff dry.

On the interior I use many brands (depending on the mood and what is handy).
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    My interior glass gets a 3-step process and always comes out spotless.

1. Gather needed supplies.
    2. Give supplies to wife.
    3. One hour later, spotless glass.

HAHAHAHAHa smart man! :biggrin:Windows are actually my favorite part of detailing!
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    I use invisible glass cleaner with newspaper to wipe the glass. Spot free every time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    I share your pain! Especially trying to clean the tints on the back and side glass. After trying countless products and methods I finally found a way to do it. The trick is to have a very bright light on the outside of the vehicle, like the 1000 watt halogens, pointed at the glass surface but not in your line of sight - from the side is best. This will show all the haze, smears, dirt etc. Then make sure your hands are VERY clean. Any oils, soaps, etc. in your hands will go on the towels and transfer onto the glass.

I found that a dedicated waffle weave glass cleaning MF towel (or two) is a must. Every other towel I`ve tried just smears stuff around. I use one towel to apply Invisible Glass liberally, and I mean pretty wet. This way I don`t miss any spots. Then I quickly follow that before the Invisible glass is fully dry with the dry towel folded twice into a square. The two outside surfaces of the towel I use only for the initial wipe down and drying. Then I flip the towel to the inside surfaces and wipe everything again, checking for smears using the lights on the outside. So far, Invisible Glass is the best glass cleaner I`ve tried.

Once you get the glass perfectly clean the first time, all subsequent cleanings go a lot easier.

Best,

Jose

Post Thanks / Like
    I dislike using any sort of dedicated window cleaner; I get the best results using IPA cut 1:1 with water. It flashes off the glass rather quickly, but I never have issues with streaking/smearing. Use it with 2 towels (one to clean the glass, one to wipe it dry with) and I`m pretty sure you`ll find the results to your liking.

Post Thanks / Like
    A clean towel like some have mentioned is a must. I usually try and wash my huck towels after all the other towels have been washed to ensure there will be no fabric softener transfered to them. I wear gloves when detailing so I just put a new pair on for when its time to do windows so that nothing is transferred to the towel.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I use one towel to apply Invisible Glass liberally, and I mean pretty wet.

My wife does the opposite and still accomplishes great results.

Instead of a generous amount of cleaner, she uses just enough on the glass cleaning towel, (not the interior glass), then a final wipe with the glass polishing cloth. Since we wash weekly, most often the glass just needs a touch up cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like
    For glass I use Prima Clarity. I`ve had great luck with it! I`ve also had pretty good luck with the Meg`s Professional Glass Cleaner.

I also go over the glass on my last pass in one direction on a window (up and down for example) and a different direction on the outside of that same window (side to side in this example) That way if I pull the car into the sun and there is a streak, I can quickly tell if it is on the inside of the window or the outside.

D!
    D!Tail Guru
    TSGAutoCare
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information