Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i don`t do commercial detailing as i only do my vehicles. so i bought the vc3000 machine which is more than enough for me. cleans quite effectively in the cars and around the house. have even done my engines with it... i find them a superb investment and worth every penny as its uses seem endless.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently picked up a vx5000 (thank you tax return). I`m very impressed with it. And I`m finding more uses around the home all the time

in `disaster` type of situations with carpet / upholestry it does not do as well as a HW extractor does. But those occasions are rare (hopefully). and the VX does offer hot water injection. which you could use on tough stains then follow up with a shop vac (basically replicating what a HW extractor does)

also worth mentioning that the vx recently went up $100 in price in the last month. not sure why. currently going for $800

Post Thanks / Like
    Gurge -
    Wow it went up???? Blame it on inflation, shipping, the end of the world, etc...

I agree with your assessment - it will do a lot of things well but cant do everything, unless you go to one of those monster units that they use in the Food Service Industry, etc., but then why would I want that much moisture in a small area anyway? I think that just the heated steam alone goes a long way to loosening and perhaps melting dirt, etc., enough so that you can come back and either wipe it off or vacuum it off with your extractor hose or shop vac.
    I really like using this with cheap white towels, so i can readily see the gunk Im removing after steaming, and when it stops coming off on the white towel, i know Im done!
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to hijack this thread, but if I could, can I ask a question? I too was in the market for a steamer because they appear so versatile. Most reviews I found show operating pressures and I was wondering if a compressor was necessary. Sorry for the dumb question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jdonnell - not a dumb question at all.
    The pressures you see are developed by the steam pressure built up inside the steamer in the boiler, there are no compressors, motors, etc., that come with this unit.
    When water is heated up to 298 degrees in this machine, it creates enough pressure coming out of the tip of the wand to blow a lot of gunk and dirt, stuff in the bottom of those deep plastic bins in doors, etc., out, so you dont have to keep trying to get it out the hard way.

You can also control the amount of pressure to a certain degree with this machine, so its not full on or nothing.

Im trying to find out the pressure specs for you now.

Ok, I cant find my operating manual, but google yielded 60-70 psi - mine runs at 4 bars per the gauge, and I read where it can be adjusted to run higher if you want to take it apart. Hmmmmmm..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation on the pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Detailers Tool

The best feature of the vx5000 is...

Your wife or partner will stop complaining about the cost the first time you do the hardwood floors, sofas and chairs, and especially the stove!

Makes my job much easier on trashed interiors and stubborn hard to get at spot on the exterior.

Go for it!!!!:drool5:

Post Thanks / Like

steamer

have had a small vapor clean II for a couple years. its ok and does a good job but pulled out the stops and ordered a dupray after seeing my friends in action. figure to save about 1 1/2 hours per total detail and do a better job. sold a truck to get it. should arrive today (christmas for me) feel like the kid in "Christmas Story" waiting for his red ryder bb gun

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the purchase, Dave !

Did you get it from Shane ?

It looks like an awesome machine, will certainly have the power !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave let us know how it works. Im in the market for one. I have a few in mind but I like to hear peoples thoughts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    have had a small vapor clean II for a couple years. its ok and does a good job but pulled out the stops and ordered a dupray after seeing my friends in action. figure to save about 1 1/2 hours per total detail and do a better job. sold a truck to get it. should arrive today (christmas for me) feel like the kid in "Christmas Story" waiting for his red ryder bb gun
    Heh! Careful now, Dave. You`ll steam yer eye out! :tongue:

Post Thanks / Like
    I bit the bullet and just ordered a VX5000. Steamer reviews kept coming back to the VX5000 being a quality buy. Thanks for all the info and sorry for injecting myself on this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    jdonnell -

Hey, no harm, no foul.
    Glad you ordered one; I know the feeling, I was going into the "unknown" world of Steam Vapor Cleaning !! But after spending time, there, I really like what it does, in the shop and in the house.
    Like someone else said earlier - the uses for it are limitless, or something like that.

Congratulations on your purchase ! Now go find a good supplier of distilled water and you are way good to go. And get a gallon of distilled white vinegar, to occasionally run through it to keep the pipes clean and you are set !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    Dupray is no joke!!, on the list for me to get after the Defelsko 200 ultrasonic purchase(which is real close now.....finally) my vapor clean does a good job but is a toy compared with a Dupray machine.
    "Comfortable in my own skin"

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I just saw the defelsko online the other day. Very nice piece of equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information