Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried using the NeatItems bath size MF towel in place of the Absorber on my 2002 Explorer and found that the MF could not absorb all the water without wringing. (Yes, I let the water sheet off without the nozzle as a final rinse.)

Speaking strictly for myself, I find it easier to go over the vehicle with the Absorber (which is much easier to wring out and leaves very little in the way of spotting in its wake) and finish up with a MF towel where needed.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but that`s my current take on the debate.
    Blues

`02 Eddie Bauer, 4.6L V-8 SOHC, 4X4

Blues` Explorer Pix

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using the absorber for a number of years myself and really have no complaints.

using a waterblade on the windows sounds like a good idea.

spending less time with the Absorber in favor of a final pass with a large MF sounds like a good idea as well. I may try MF anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jimwh [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>for all you Absorber fans out there, try CMA`s Big Blue Drying Towel and you`ll switch.

I have 2 and simply fold them to a manageable size and dry the car. It can`t be any easier. The towels hold a ton of water and I never need to wring them out. No spots are left behind and no follow up with another towel, like I had to with the Absorber.

I was totally sold on the Absorber, and have been using that brand name for a number of years. I had used another similar product named Fireman`s Friend since the late 80`s.

The Big Blue Towel put them to shame. [/b]</blockquote>
    The Big Blue Towel is my next purchase from CMA. I`ve heard a lot about it and if a die hard Absober fan can say that its better then I believe them. :up I`ve heard nothing but good things about it. I just need to muster up the guts to pay more than twice what an Absorber costs to buy one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if the Big Blue from CMA is 70% Polyester and 30% Polyamide, or is it an 80/20 mix. I`ve heard to stay away from any MF towel that is NOT 70/30.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I mentioned earlier, I`m pleased with my Water Bandit, but I wouldn`t mind trying out the Big Blue Towel when there`s a special on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Big Blue is not like regular MF`s. It has a slight waffle weave to it and very short if any fibers sticking out. I`m not sure of the content, but the way it sucks the water up, I would think it is at least a 70/30. You don`t wipe like a regular MF, you just lay it down on the surface and it`s done...move on to the next surface. You won`t get the car perfectly dry, but you can finish with one regular MF and be done in about 5 minutes once you get the technique down....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    How does the Neatitems Micro Fiber Towel 24" x 46" comapare to CMA`s Big Blue 25" X 36" towel? es one is bigger but how about quality? The Neatitems towel is less expensive (even with the CMA towel on garage sale) and there is free shipping.
    2001 Satin Sliver Acura CL

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m very pleased with the neatitems large towels. They are the same quality as the smaller towels. One towel will dry my car without having to wring it. I see they now have a 24" x 24" size too so I will try some of them on my next order.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Neatitems towels are an excellent quality MF. But like I said, they work differently. The Neatitems you wipe the car dry. The Big Blue you blot it dry, then follow with the Neatitems MF. I haven`t tried the large MF, but I`m sure it`s much heavier than Big Blue even when BB is saturated. I don`t think you can go wrong with either, but IMHO BB has a slight edge....

H

Post Thanks / Like
    I previously used the absorber up until I bought the p21s drying towel and thought it was much better. Absorbed more water easier and quicker. After hearing so much about the big blue I had to try one and I am 99 percent convinced there is nothing better out there to dry a car. It doesn`t drag across the surface, I have never had to wring it out even once, leaves no streaks or spots and I can dry the whole car in about 5 minutes. It truly works awesome!!

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said micrfibre thick and buy the wringer from Griots garage it is worth the 200 bucks the car will be dry in 5 minutes. We or I wont use ablade to dry in the Northeast. TOO much dirt and contamination here! They throw sand by the tons on our roads here. The blade may work in Ca. or florida or any GREAT climate. Not where it Snows 3 times a week. A blade and ablack car can spell disaster to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the absorber. Easy to use, maintain, and durable. Get the absorber, the one that is for larger vehicles. It`s a little bigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Who uses a steamer for interiors?

i am looking into possibly purchasing a steamer for speeding up interior details--having worked at a local shop i did interiors by vacuum. various brushes and microfiber towels only- no blower tips for compressors or steamers--are they worth it? videos of shops using them look interesting for making quik work of interiors. I can get them to look real good my way but it takes alot of time and dont want to sacrifice alot of quality for speed. any input from the guys with home or commercial shops will be greatly appreciated--thnx!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the VX5000 Steamer for a few years now and am glad to have invested in it.
    It has cut my cleaning chemical usage by probably 80%, and the distilled water I use in it only costs .99/gallon. A gallon on distilled water will easily clean an entire vehicle, including headliner, and all 4 door jambs.
    It takes a little experimentation to learn how to use it effectively, and I see there are videos out there that show one how to use it more efficiently.
    My particular unit is small, on wheels, and with a couple of hard styrofoam pieces underneath it, it sits just right in the top of a standard detailing cart and the hose is long enough so that you can do any part of the vehicle pretty easy.
    Having it in the detailing cart allows you to also carry the towels, brushes, etc., you need to finish the job and not have to go get something else.
    There are much bigger machines that are the size of probably some vacuums out there that do more than just supply steam, but I dont need anything like that, since I already have a Mytee HP60 Spyder carpet extractor.
    Steam has really helped me to clean leather more effectively, it is amazing what comes out of leather once it is heated up with steam!
    I read that steam has a certain amount of sanitizing ability due to the heat, and this also helps make smelly cars smell better.
    I just used this steamer to clean out the oven and microwave and it did an incredible job.
    This particular model comes with a whole lot of different sized types of brushes, 2 extension poles, and a window washer/squeege attachment, and a video from the man that sells the unit. All those extra brushes, cost extra if you are buying from other sellers of different steamers I believe.
    This steamer is made in Italy, which I read, makes the best steamers out there.

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I too use the VX5000 and find it to be a real time-saver when doing interiors -especially leather seating.

-J

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information