Post Thanks / Like
    Where does the Pinnacle Group Buy thread keep going? It was here then it was not here and Intel486 made a thread which is gone now. What`s going on?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are actually having some problems with it. I`ll post later on Wednesday about it.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck resolving those problems (with supplier I assume?) OKOK I will be patient but it is wednesday now! :p

Wow I get annoying when I have only had 1/2 hour of sleep . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Snake Tascar...had a problem with selling...Souvran..hummmmm

if this doesn`t go thru....i may have to go to Blitz..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    It is 6 days after Wednesday... I think. More supplier issues best not left out to the public?

Post Thanks / Like
    That was Wednesday after the 13th of March when the thread was started. Long time back.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    <em class=`bbc`>*wacks myself in the head*[/i]

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Carpet Cleaning

A few of my friends have asked me to post my techniques for cleaning automotive carpeting so, here ya go, hope it`s helpful!

Living in the NE section of the country you gain a different perspective on carpet cleaning. We seem to have much more to deal with after a winter of ice and snow, with all the salt and grime on the roads and streets, our carpets are bombarded with tons of materials that are degrating to our carpeting. One thing I have learned because of this and through a relative that cleans household carpets for a living is that YOU CANNOT CLEAN CARPETS WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING THE DIRT! I know this sounds obvious when you say it but, I cannot tell you how many people that have come to my shop and how many friends tell me that "I have used this and that cleaner and can`t seem to get the carpet clean". I believe this is because there is a disconnect between the expectations of the user and the purpose of the cleaner. I think most people believe they can simply spray something on the carpet, walk away and in 10 minutes have a clean carpet. It doesn`t work that way! I am going to try to break it down here:

First is to remove the dirt. Do this by vaccuuming. You need to vaccuum thoroughly with a quality shop vac and a fresh filter. If you think you`ve gotten all the dirt, you would most likely be wrong. Next, you need some of that foaming carpet cleaner. The purpose of this this cleaner is simply to lift the deep dirt that is trapped in the fiber of the carpet. I am not going to recommend a brand here because I`ve used many from dollar store brands to woolite and they all seem to work fine at lifting dirt. Follow the directions on the container, spray and wait to dry, then vaccuum. It is important during this step not to scrub with a brush or rub with a cloth. You will likely see some additional dirt, hair, etc. rise to the surface. This is exactly what we want to happen. This is the only purpose of the foaming cleaner. It will not restore your carpet! Normally I repeat this process 2x and then check with my hands to see if I can feel any other trapped in dirt particles. As long as the carpet is dry, you can dry brush any other trapped in dirt to the surface and vaccuum it away. Once you are confident that all the deep dirt has been lifted out and vaccuumed away, now and only now can you actually begin to clean the carpet. First thing is to tackle the stains. You will need a quality stain remover. Once again there are many on the market pick one and remember not to over use it. Spray the product directly on the stain but do not over-saturate. Allow the product to work for a few minutes and then blot with paper towels or a microfiber cloth. It is important not to rub or scrub the stain around and spread it to other areas of clean carpet. Keep blotting until you have lightened or removed the stain. Repeat if necessary but once again do not overuse. Once the stains have been removed or lightened you may beging with the carpet cleaner. I do have 2 favorites here, I like the Zep carpet cleaner or the Eimann carpet and fabric cleaner. If you are using a cleaner that requries mixing, do not spray on carpet without at least 1 part water! Too much cleaner will be left behind and over time break down the fabric and leave your carpet lifeless. Once you have the proper mix, spray directly on the carpet surface, lightly saturating. Then use a brush to work in the cleaner. I also use the carpet adapter for my porter cable to help with this job. After working in the cleaner, you will need some clean, hot water. Use carpet scrub brush and lightly add hot water to the carpet and scrub. Working in sections, promply vaccuum with your wet dry shop vac and appropriate wet filter. It is important to work slowly with the vaccuum and allow it to suck up as much liquid as possible. I have used extractors in the past but, for this job I cannot say that I had better results with the extractor. Once finished and the carpet dries, finish the job with fabric protector like 303

Yes this process does take a long time and some elbow grease but the results will surprise you. Remember you don`t need to go this route evertime you clean the carpet but, you should at the very least do it once a year after winter so you are not continually pushing and spreading around the grime that has collected in your carpet during the winter months. Vaccuum as much as possible during the winter to make this process easier come spring. Good luck and email me with any questions!

Thread Information