Post Thanks / Like
    First off,

I luckily stumbled onto this site about 5 weeks ago, and have been a lurker ever since, trying to absorb the vast amounts of info and knowledge...Having done that, downloading the e-book, and doing searches until wee hours of the morning to get better product knowledge, I somewhat feel ready to pose my first question (or rescue plan, rather). I would be highly appreciative to get the `elders` approval, or tips as to my plans for my 2 babies (btw, this is by far, hands down one of the friendliest and knowledge intense forums I`ve had the good luck to come across)...

Well here`s the plan...I have a 1997 Blue Pearl (Midnight Blue) Honda Accord LX...The paint is in reasonably good to fair shape...It gets hand washed roughly once a month, but I have never hand waxed it (just the touchless-wash spray wax every now and then)... The plan is to:

- Dawn wash

- Clay Bar (not sure re: Pinnacle Clay or Clay Magic or Mother`s?)

- Wash with Meguire`s GC, or equiv...

- #9 3M SMR for darker colored cars

- Klasse AIO (1 or 2 coats?)

- Klasse SG (2+ coats?)

- Carnuba topper?

Now a dillema I`m facing is the whole Blackfire/Klasse debate...from my readings, BF has a marginally deeper shine but the tradeoffs are increased dust attraction and less durability than Klasse... any thoughts or advice? :nixweiss

Once that is taken care of, , need comments/suggestions of my new car...Picked up a 2002 Charcoal Maxima GLE 5 weeks ago, and want to make it a pure Autopian ride... The tenative plan for it is to:

- Dawn wash (to get rid of the dealership detail filth and general grime)

- Clay bar (perhaps neccessary already? Keep in mind I live in Atlanta, where the sun`s UV rays and generally pollution aren`t the friendliest...and no garage for either car )

- Klasse SG (2+ coats?)

Again, questions wtih BF v. Klasse...

Well, looks like that`s all for now...sorry for the long post, but I wanted to get the :up from y`all before I made any moves...

Thanks in advance ladies and gents, I look forward to hearing from all...

Post Thanks / Like
    What about some Zaino??

I use it on my car and it`s the best stuff I`ve ever used(as far as durability, gloss, and ease of maintenance!!)

If you`re willing to pay for Klasse, why not give the Z a try??

I, and many others, actually prefer it over Klasse.

:up Hope this helps!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    :down Haven`t heard good things about BF, besides the INITIAL

gloss. Its products are highly acidic(even more so than Dawn!!)

:scared

There`s a thread about this in `detailing`. The acidic levels make it look very dull after its first wash!! I`d never use it on my car(s)!!!

All Zaino is ph-balanced!!

:p
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like you have a good plan depending on the condition of the paint.

As for clay bars they all perform pretty well. I use Clay Magic because I can find it locally. Others have had great success with the others you mentioned. Remember to use a good lubricant. I use a car shampoo water mixed in a spray bottle. and do it after the dawn wash.

A PC will make swirl removal a bit easier on your arms.

IF the paint is older and seems to need it 2 coats of AIO may be beneficial and help really clean it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah about sealants. You will never find us to agree on which to use that is for sure.

You could buy both and try them on each car and see which you like. I do say that if the klasse route apply at least 3 layers of SG for a killer look and long lasting shine and protection.

Blackfire is new so the jury is still out and some users love it while others well are not so sure.

As for the new car after the dawn wash inspect the paint for swirls because there may be some. Also do the baggie test to see for contaminates. I bet it has some so expect to do some claying on it.

Good Luck and HTH.

Welcome to the FORUM!!!!!

PS:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Your plan looks good for both cars. In regards to Blackfire or Klasse. I highly suggest Klasse. I was a former Blackfire user and it did give a great shine, but durablity and slickness was not as great (IMO). I too like the deep shine, so when the money is there, I plan on buying One Grand Blitz carnuba wax to top off my SG. A lot of Autopians say it`s a good daily driver carnuba wax and looks great over SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum Max. I don`t consider myself an elder member, in fact I guarantee that I am younger than you! I agree with what the others have said. I am a Klasse user myself, never tried BF or Zaino, and I would recommend it. As far as claying, I would clay the Accord during your second wash using the soap as the lubricant, and remember to turn often. On the Maxima I would be darn sure that it needs it. Many new cars shouldn`t need claying. Also, unless you have bought the SMR, I would suggest FI II or III. Blitz gets my vote for the topper. Best of luck buddy!! :xyxthumbs
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    Have tried both and my recommendation to begin with is

Klasse. The traits I have found to be important to me I get more from Klasse: looks, solid beading, and durability.

I have gotten away from the topper (have used Blitz, Souveran, and PPG) I just put on another layer of SG when I get the urge.

Search for some SG techniques if you haven`t done so already.

If able try BF in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Newbie opinion on BF. This is my first time I get a detailing product of this quality, I bought BF and have been using it on my brand new SEAT Leon and my wife`s 1999 Altima. The Altima needed claying and now feels super smooth, just like the new Leon. If you like water beading BF just doesn`t do it - altough it might be easier to dry preciselly because of this. The shine is fantastic on both cars even after washing :bounce . Nothing worked well on the Leon (Indigo Blue) until I got BF, before I was getting swirls and uneven shine (did not know about MF towels either). It does seem to attract more dust than any of the other- not so shinny- products I tried, this weekend I applied another BF coat and then QD with BF so I hope to keep down the dust attraction. I`m temped to get Klasse the next time.
    2007 Liberty

2002 Seat Leon Sport 20VT

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Post Thanks / Like
    Be sure to let us know what you decide and how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace Cleaner

Hey guys,

Has anyone used 303 Aerospace Cleaner (303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner)? I`ve used 303 Aerospace Protectant in the past and I`ve loved this product but I`m wondering how good this cleaner is. I currently use Meguiar`s APC+. I`m looking for something and I`m currently between Optimum Power Clean or 303 Aerospace Cleaner or just stay with Meguiar`s APC+, any recommendations?
    Francis Marranzini

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d stick with Megs APC or Power clean, 303 isn`t as versatile as an APC.
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the protectant on pretty much everything but the paint..like it a lot! Gives most things a slight gloss, but not greasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the 303 cleaner and really like it. I can`t compare to APC or Power Clean because I have not used them. However, 303 has accomplished all I need it to.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Thread Information