Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the follow-up to the Klasse beading post. I stated I would wash teh car this week and report back on how well Klasse held up. This post could be found in product reviews also. Gets better exposure in the detailing forum. I washed the car today since November 2001. It is winter in Toronto and have been lazy. Went to the co-op washes. Had no choice. The temperature was not that cold out so I decided to wash the MAX. I have 3xAIO plus 2XSG coats of Klasse prior to the winter. Did not wash the car since November. This is a good test for Klasse to see how it holds up to the snow, rain, and salt Toronto serves up each winter. We only had two real snow storms in T.O. Actually, two mini storms. There was plenty of salt for those two storms though. Throughout the winter the car never beaded so I assumed the Klasse has diminished. A few rainy days cleaned the salt from the car and the car was left with a coat of dirt. I washed the car today and the slickness was close to non-existent. Not as easy to clean compared to the summer time but better then a non-waxed(sealant) car. Hosed the car off and the beading came back. Don`t get too excited, just slightly beading and sheeting water off the car. Surprised me that the car still beaded and sheeted after all those months of neglect. Although, not spectacular beading and sheeting of water after hosing off the car; Klasse is quite durable. No doubt Klasse can stand mother nature and the salt. A better test would be a Klassed car in Montreal or Buffalo winters. For Toronto Autopians, Klasse is holding up quite well. A few more coats on the lower body panels would benefit even more. Klasse is a base coat for the carnauba topper. If the carnauba based wax is gone then the Klasse will back it up. Spring is around the corner. Detailing time is quickly approaching.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless I missed it, or you mentioned it in another post, I missed what year and model car you are talking about.

That said, beading still occurs on 2 panels of my car that have absolutely NOTHING applied to them, and actually appear to bead more than the other 75% of the car that has Klasse SGx2. Granted, the paint is only 2 months old on those other panels, but my point is that beading doesnt exactly guarantee that protection is still present.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL at NULL comment!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>LOL at NULL comment! [/b]</blockquote>
    Was wondering if anyone would catch that.

Post Thanks / Like

Re coating interiors?

BMWs, Audis, Ferraris are the worst. All the plastic/soft rubber stuff peals off after some time. Do all the manufactures use the same coating or are they all different? The other questions is, what is that coating and how would you go about re coating all the pieces? I know the window switches have the little window pictures and other switches have pictures so how would you re do all of that, does anyone know or has anyone done this before? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the "soft touch" coating?

We apply that coating to our printers at the company I work for....not sure if it`s the exact same stuff but it looks and feels the same.

The stuff we use is:

CAICHENG
    TOUCH COAT
    P/N 8000A

The coating is sprayed on and is clear, though they can add pigment to it if needed. We have some red covers right now that they are working on for us. The plastic is shot in a red color that is close, and then the pigment is added to the touch coat to dial in the exact color we are looking for.

I`m sure it would be easier for you to find a company in the US that carries it though.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll check out the link, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information