Post Thanks / Like
    I recently just purchased a red 2002 m3. On my older cars i have always used one grand omega glaze, followed by blitz. Last weekend i did this on my new m3. After i was done i parked it outsdide and realized that it was really streaky. Even after going over the whole car with show off it was still streaky. So my question is was it maybe too cold(it was 35 degrees) or should i consider switching to something else. I`ve been debating switching to something like zaino or klasse just because it seems everyone loves zaino. So i would like your guys opinion on switching to zaino or klasse or just sticking with one grand products. Are the sealants better the carnuba.

Please help

Post Thanks / Like
    NICE NICE NICE car!!! Can I have it?

First off, buy the e-book and that will provide you with a wealth of information.

How do you like the look of the carnauba? If you like that kind of look, go with Klasse then add some Blitz on top. I would say, try the Klasse, and if you like that look, just keep layering SG, but if you prefer the carnauba look, throw some Blitz on top after a few layers of SG. Klasse will last much longer than a carnauba, though Blitz is one of the best out there.

If you want great reflection, Zaino provides amazing mirror-like finishes, but most will tell you not to put any carnauba topper on it. It`s all preferences, but no matter what you choose, I would reccomend going with some kind of polymer for better protection.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    JW, Chuckmotor is right on target. I like the Klasse because it looks great and lasts a long time, I do layer Pinnacle Souveran on tp of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, and welcome to Autopia. Sweet car, that M3. You`re a lucky guy.

As for streaking, I`m sure the low temps had a lot to do with that. Most products do not perform well at low temps. Some people have had some success with using their fave products in the winter but it`s tough to get a really good finish at temps in the 30s and 40s.

Do you have any idea what the surface temp of the body was? This is the main determining factor of how a product will react. It`s possible the body temp was lower than the air temp and that would exacerbate the problems.

Since the glaze and the wax never had a chance to cure, you`re getting streaks. Sometimes QD fixes it, or even water, but if the temps of those items were in the 30s, well, you aren`t going to get the results you need.

Let the car sit in the sun for a few minutes (maybe 30 or so) and redo it with the QD. Put the QD bottle in the sun too if its at garage temp. The increase of temps should improve curing and eliminate the streaks.

For a glaze/wax combo, Omega/Blitz is terrific. If you like the results then you may want to stick with it. Many folks have switched to synthetic polymer sealants like Zaino, Klasse, and Blackfire. It`s certainly something to consider if you want to switch. There is tons of detailed info here about all 3 products (and others) so spend some time reading posts in the archives. That and the e-book will really boost your knowledge. Then come on back and hit us with specific questions. You`ll find most everyone quite helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I`ve never tried it (I`m a p21s fan) - there are all sorts of threads here describing the great results of Blitz on Klasse - you might want to read into some of those and see if that interests you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new M3! I just love those cars. Got any pix?

Yeah, your new M3 definitely deserves the best protection it can get, and carnauba alone is not adequate for daily drivers IMO. Since you already like Blitz, why not buy Klasse SG only and layer 3 or 4 coats then top with Blitz. The best of both worlds! Personally, I like Zaino. It gives me all the shine, depth, and most importantly protection, that I want without even needing a topper IMHO. Zaino is a system of its own though so it`s NOT recommended to use another wax on top. Either route and you`ll be happy! I guarantee it!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

Autoglym Products @ PAC

I placed an order over sea`s from "cruzinautostyling",for some Autoglym products I did NOT see offered from PAC.
    I wanted to order Autoglym Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre and Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing.Well I waited 5+ weeks for my item`s and they never came thou they said they shipped early January.My money was refunded and I`m still looking for these item`s?

Will PAC carry the Autoglym:
    Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre
    Instant Tyre Dressing
    Hi-Tech Wheel Brush

Thanks,
    Chris

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IID View Post
    I placed an order over sea`s from "cruzinautostyling",for some Autoglym products I did NOT see offered from PAC.
    I wanted to order Autoglym Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre and Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing.Well I waited 5+ weeks for my item`s and they never came thou they said they shipped early January.My money was refunded and I`m still looking for these item`s?

Will PAC carry the Autoglym:
    Hi-Tech Interior Microfibre
    Instant Tyre Dressing
    Hi-Tech Wheel Brush

Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris sorry to hear this, but we do carry the Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing on our site your looking for, but on the other two items we carry many other`s brand that work great like our Dragon Fiber Magic Towels and Perfect Shine Microfiber Buffing Cloth. On the brushes we carry the EZ Detail Brush and our World Famous Eimann Fabrik Wheel Woolies. So your seach is over when your here at ProperAutoCare.com.

http://www.properautocare.com/eifawhwo.html

http://www.properautocare.com/ezdetailbrush.html

http://www.properautocare.com/vipeshmibucl.html

http://www.properautocare.com/miracletowel.html

http://www.properautocare.com/itd500.html
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

While Angelo`s points are all good, another side of the equation is that the U.S. distributor for Autoglym does not bring in all of the products Autoglym offers in Europe. We will check and see if they have the items you are looking for or if they ever plan on offering them. I might not be able to get an answer until tomorrow, but I will let you know.

jk

Thread Information