Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    post says it all
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    results for Microfiber.org

Bottom line (IMO) is that these towels are not high quality and I delegate them to the messier tasks like cleaning dashboards or what not. Not too linty but they do lint somewhat -- then again I`m one of the few people constantly complaining that Neatitems towels lint, so maybe I just have good eyes? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first bought towels from that site quite a while back, the towels weren`t all that bad. However, the latter ones don`t seem to be of very good quality. I would pass on these towels. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    USe em on interiors kitchen counters and other areas...

They do not lint that much and work great in bathrooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my microfiber.org towels on wheels and nothing else. Makes it easy to keep track of so many of my towels. The composition of the microfiber.org towels are entire different than nearly every other microfiber towel out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    they do have crappy serging so it is easy to identify them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hehe! Yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. There`s no way anyone is going to confuse a blue microfiber.org towel with a Magic Towel. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

Suggestions on a new Vacuum?

I have been using my 5.0 peak hp, Rigid shop vac to vacuum out car interiors, although it has worked ok for the most part it really does not provide enough power to suck up all the sand and debris. Also the hose is large, stiff and bulky.

Ridgid does sell a car kit but its sucking power was worse than the regular hose and attachments.

What are most of the pro`s on here using to vac out the cars?

This has always been a sticking point for me as I have not found many other options besides my shop vac- Shop vacs work great in the shop but not so good on carpets.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Lazzman - not a pro by any means, but PAC does sell the Metro Vac (95" of lift) which is almost 2x what you get from a shop-vac. I`m interested to see what others chime in with as well
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Metro Vac N Blo unit.

Extremely powerful and durable with nice attachments.

I also own a Shop Vac and a Rigid. Neither one comes close to performing equally to my Metro Vac.

Post Thanks / Like
    We just went over this subject for Audiguru, believe last week, and the consensus was that Metro-Vac makes nice, small sized, products, that work great.
    I personally have the biggest MetroVac that hangs on my wall, and double the amount of hose, and a few better crevice and vacuum heads, and its absolutely the best I have ever used.
    The big long cloth filter bag is easy to clean out, every now and then I will rinse it and dry it, and that is all the maintenance I have ever done, in over 2 years of hard work it has done for me. It will also blow pretty darn good if you just reverse the hose end.
    I believe I bought mine right here from PAC couple years ago too !
    They are made in New York, so that is also a good thing...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    My Metro Vac N Blo is absolutely outstanding and I will replace it with the exact same thing if it ever dies!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both a 5.5 hp shop vac and the Metro vac and blow. The shop vac will pick up a huge amount of crap off a floor, but the vac and blow won`t. I can get a few dirty cars out of the vac and blow before I need to empty.

The 95" of lift seem to really get the grime out of the carpet.

I use it to help dry carpets after extractions. I also use it as a prevac to loosen up stuff.

Can go wrong with the vac and blow in my opinion. ON a mobile job its awesome!

Cheers,
    GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Ridgid WD4070. The suction is less than 50-in of water. I have the detailers kit (nicer hose, few extra tools) but some of the tools like the small crevice tool seems to be useless. The vac seems to "stall" (you can tell by motor tone speed increasing) due to back pressure created by restricted flow (what the small opening tools do). It is not as bad as my old shop vac.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have a Ridgid WD4070. The suction is less than 50-in of water. I have the detailers kit (nicer hose, few extra tools) but some of the tools like the small crevice tool seems to be useless. The vac seems to "stall" (you can tell by motor tone speed increasing) due to back pressure created by restricted flow (what the small opening tools do). It is not as bad as my old shop vac.
    That`s the same one I just bought. Between that and the automotive kit they sell, it came out to around $100.

It seems to work well, especially with the attachments that come with the automotive kit.

My only complaint is how loud the thing is... crazy loud! I bought ear plugs, which I`ll be using with my DA machine as well from now on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information