Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3M Scotchgaurd

Post Thanks / Like
    I used rhe last of my Meguiars FI to clean my windows today. I was shocked the stuff worked great but the best thing is if you you spray window cleaner on a rag first or if you just spray it on the window you dont have to worry about it harming the finish. I might just start using the FI to clean my windows and I dont use glass cleaner much just dry windows after wash mostly, so the price of it doesnt really matter.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely! Quick detailers can be used on windows. They do an adequate job. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a class cleaner then I use a single layer of Klasse Glaze on the windows. The dirt comes off the windows with the pass of a damp cloth. Last`s quite a while too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse SG on windows? Does that work? I`ve never heard of that.:nixweiss
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Works - but go veeeerrrrrry sparingly.

If you don`t - you`ll end up with smearing. If you do, you can get a decent Rain-X like effect on your windows. I used to do this, but I went the Aquapel/Vision Blade route.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Love Final Inspection on glass. It works great on paint and leaves no streaks. It leaves no streaks on glass and seems to keep them cleaner longer than just plain glass cleaner. I have also used OGSO on them but it is tougher to get perfect and requires a little more buffing. My results with Klasse on glass have been good but not nearly as good as with zaino or blitz. On the side windows that is. On the front windshield I just use QD at washings. I haven`t tried the new PPG product yet but am looking for a good source and the money to pick it up:sosad
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz on windows, thats new to me.

I never mess with the windsheild, that has nothing on it and I don`t plan to add anything to it.

Have you guys ever tried "RainX Glass Polish"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Never herd of RainX Glass "polish"

But rainX itself is just a wax that goes on your windsheild so that the water beeds. After you use your wipers, most of the RainX gets wiped away.

If its an actual glass polish, then it probably is designed to smooth out scratches, swirls, and weathering, etc.

If your windsheild really needs to be polished, try using some black and white newsprint and some glass cleaner. The ink in the newsprint acts a superfine polish, and leaves your windows very shiney.

I personally use klasse AIO, which seams to give the effect of both polishing, and rain-x beeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    They also had a glass polish, I got it once; the first time I saw it and since then I have not seen it. It says it can clean glass and chrome and it works really well. When I first got my car and sprayed the windows they were still wet. After using the RainX the entire windsheild would bead itself dry in about 3 seconds. It`s like once you spray the windsheild the water sheets almost completely off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rain X polish, its ok, I think it is used for removing Rain X, I tried it as a glass polish. It did the job, but I prefer the Jaguar Windscreen Paste - now that stuff cleans glass.

Steven

Alfa 164

Post Thanks / Like
    A little FI sprayed on YoSteve`s MF is the best way to clean the inside of my windows- no streaks, smears or haze and I love the smell.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    You know I`ve never tried using a quick detailer on the inside of the windows. Since my windows are tinted I can`t use them on the door windows or rear windows, but I might try the Final Inspection on the inside of the front window. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t QD the inside of tinted windows? Just curious . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer Plexus. It works great on tinted windows and best of all its absolutely safe. There`s no question what so ever. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    I find Plexus to probaly be the best glass cleaner and protectant for windows that are already somewhat clean. The problem is using it... if it is even breezy the stuff freezes up on my and when I use it I get all kinds of hazing.

I like to use a water bottle, spray it on the window and buff it off with a towel......... cost efficent and it does the job really really well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information