Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3M Scotchgaurd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Don`t talk to me I`m mad at you
    Sorry man, I was caught up in a meeting for over an hour only to return to a lot of work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima Interior Guard Plus!!!
    Director Another vote for U I G P :-?

Scoreboard:
    U I G P = 2
    303 = 2
    Scotchgaurd = 0
    :judge:

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Nice to see you over here too
    I`m everywhere Richard. Sometimes the name changes, but the smiley usage stays the same :spy:

Don`t talk to me I`m mad at you
    What are you mad at me about Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash that was Richard and I talking to each other, had nothing to do with you
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the aerosol 3M scotch guard on my wife`s car when it was new. used 2 whole can on 4 mats and carpet flooring and rear flooring. Did the whole MDX. SO far so good. Car is 1.5 YO and looks great. I used the Ultima Interior guard on the above the floor including leather.

I posted here or on Autopia that she had some blue jean transfer on the beige leather seat. Came off with the interior shampoo from Ultima. On her MDX I have the whole Ultima paint Guard plus exterior, interior and am using the Ultima Tire and trim restorer on the tires.

Whoah..sorry got a little off topic, but I feel better.

3M rocks. My wife spills coffee and totes the kids who eat and spill everything. The beige mats still look good. I most likely will re-apply the 3M after I extract the mats after the winter. I have also been considering swapping out the carpet for weathertech`s for the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used a TON of 303 on my dining room chairs but my children haven`t tested the effectiveness of the product yet.

I chose 303, based upon what I found others to say (303) being a superior product.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a buddy of mine suggest it. So I tried it, not the best stuff in the world, its good for OTC. But something like 303 fabric is way better.

Happy Holidays
    Mo Christmas Tree
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash that was Richard and I talking to each other, had nothing to do with you
    Phew, I thought I had gotten myself into trouble....again :Santa Smiley:

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I used the aerosol 3M scotch guard on my wife`s car when it was new. used 2 whole can on 4 mats and carpet flooring and rear flooring. Did the whole MDX. SO far so good. Car is 1.5 YO and looks great. i used the Ultima Interior guard on the above the floor inclding leather.

I posted here or on Autopia that she had some blue jean transfer on the beige leather seat. Came off with the interior shampoo from Ultima. On her MDX I have the whole Ultima paint Guard plus exterior, interior and am using the Ultima Tire and trim restorer on the tires.

Whoah..sorry got a little off topic, but I feel better.

3M rocks. My wife spills coffee and totes the kids who eat and spill everything. The beige mats still look good. I most likely will re-apply the 3M after I extract the mats after the winter. I have also been considering swapping out the carpet for weathertech`s for the winter.
    Director Ladies & Gentlemen, 3M now has a voice in this matter :soldier:

Jeff, I used this stuff for years and it never disappointed me. However, I was looking at there website and they do not recommend using this product on carpets Damndest thing, I must have used it over the years on hundreds of carpets I`m assuming they don`t recommend using there product in this manner because it does tend to make the surface a bit slick (lawsuits) :judge:

Did you say you treated your leather with this stuff :-?

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I just used a TON of 303 on my dining room chairs but my children haven`t tested the effectiveness of the product yet.

I chose 303, based upon what I found others to say (303) being a superior product.
    Hmmm, this 303 you speak of sure does get alot of kudos. I may just have to order some and start pushing this product down my customers throats....again <:-P

What does 303 smell like :Snowman:

Quote Originally Posted by Audiguru View Post
    I had a buddy of mine suggest it. So I tried it, not the best stuff in the world, its good for OTC. But something like 303 fabric is way better.

Happy Holidays
    Mo Christmas Tree
    Your buddy recommended 3M or 303 /

Thanks for everyones response in this matter :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Phew, I thought I had gotten myself in trouble....again :Santa Smiley:

Jeff, I used this stuff for years and it never disappointed me. However, I was looking at there website and they do not recommend using this product on carpets Damndest thing, I must have used it over the years on hundreds of carpets I`m assuming they don`t recommend using there product in this manner because it does tend to make the surface a bit slick (lawsuits) :judge:

Hmmm, this 303 you speak of sure does get alot of kudos. I may just have to order some and start pushing this product down my customers throats....again <:-P

What does 303 smell like :Snowman:

Your buddy recommended 3M or 303 /

Thanks for everyones response in this matter :-B
    3M flash. thats what he recommended
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flash Gordon;53346]Phew, I thought I had gotten myself in trouble....again :Santa Smiley:

Flash, No I did not use this on leather. I used Ultima Interior Guard Plus on the interior initially and the 3M on the carpet and roof liner as well. No issues at all. The interior guard plus would be an expensive proposition to use on all carpets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash, can`t recall the smell (even though I just used it)... I think probably because I plug my nose when I`m drinking it.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash, can`t recall the smell (even though I just used it)... I think probably because I plug my nose when I`m drinking it.
    That`s what I do when protocol "forces" me to drink cheap scotch.

Regards,
    GEWB

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still use the 3M product the most, because I have s few spray can`s to use up.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiguru View Post
    3M flash. thats what he recommended
    Oh, cool, so could you tell a significant difference between the 3M & the 303? And what was the smell of 303 :-?

Flash, No I did not use this on leather. I used Ultima Interior Guard Plus on the interior initially and the 3M on the carpet and roof liner as well. No issues at all. The interior guard plus would be an expensive proposition to use on all carpets.

Oh good. You had me concerned there for a minute(leather) What does UIGP smell like and is it in a liquid form or aresol :-?

Well, at least you weren`t huffing it :ar!

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    That`s what I do when protocol "forces" me to drink cheap scotch.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Secret to this Gary is drink the good stuff first, then it doesn`t matter what you drink from that point on Da Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Still use the 3M product the most, because I have s few spray can`s to use up.
    I just went to Loews and picked up 4 cans of 3M for $22. Its never disappointed me so far, and the first car comes up on Friday so there was no time to have something shipped in. Having said that. I am very intrested in this 303 I hear so many praise :notworthy:

My customer was telling me the dealer was trying to sell him this protectant for some crazy figure close to $800 I still haven`t decided exactally what I`m going to charge for this, but I assure you it will be no where near this amount X_X

This is a service I use to provide, but I never charged an additional fee, so all it was doing was destroying my bottom line. My thought process has now changed and I feel this will be an additional service I will be offering again :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Flash Gordon;53372]Oh, cool, so could you tell a significant difference between the 3M & the 303? And what was the smell of 303 :-?

Oh good. You had me concerned there for a minute(leather) What does UIGP smell like and is it in a liquid form or aresol :-?

It does not have a bad smell. it is packed in the same bottle as the UPGP.

Well, at least you weren`t huffing it :ar!

Secret to this Gary is drink the good stuff first, then it doesn`t matter what you drink from that point on Da Rules!

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not have a bad smell. it is packed in the same bottle as the UPGP.
    So, does it have a chemical like smell and what kinda bottle (liquid/aresol) is UPGP packaged in

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information