Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3M Scotchgaurd

Post Thanks / Like
    I find FI smears a bit on windows and takes extra buffing to clear up...

I will stick with wet MFs for windows for now and buff with them surgical green towels...using Stoners or eagle one for stubborn gook.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I find FI smears a bit on windows and takes extra buffing to clear up..." Yes this is true but after using FI again on my windows I just cant rave about how you wont get any stuff that the paint may not like on ii. As often as I clean my windows it worth the extra work. Which is not very often my windows stay pretty clean just wipe them dry after giving them a pass with the wet synthetic chamois.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to put a nice glaze on your glass try Brillianize. It works similar to Plexus but I like it a little bit better and it is less expensive. :xyxthumbs

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll probably stick with Plexus for a while as I really like this product for tinted windows and the instrument panel. Buffs off real easily, leaves no streaks and leaves a good clean look to the surface.

Short Cut, so after using both products on TINT, you really prefer the Brillianize over Plexus?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don2000*,

I have both Plexus and Brillianize. While Plexus costs a bit more, I prefer it. I like the controlled round spray pattern it has- perfect for the tailights and instrument panel without overspray. Brillianize is good but my bottle is a pump spray and it tends to dribble on places I don`t want it to go, not that it would harm the paint or vinyl, it`s just a bit messier to apply than Plexus. The consistency of Brillianize is more watery that Plexus which is like a foam. Both work, it`s just personal preference.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to like foam sprays for windows as well. I guess part of it lies in the fact that it`s just more fun and more controlled to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Don - I use Plexus to clean the several LCD screens I have around the house and vehicles, and it works like a charm - and often in places where I`d like to strictly control where the Plexus goes. The foam consistency lets me target my exact cleaning area, and saves product as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Question 3M Scotchgaurd

So, I had a customer call wanting me to detail/seal both of his brand new rides. He mentioned a product that somehow I have let slip from my arsenal (3m Scotchgaurd)

I was wondering what everyone else may be using to protect there carpets and mats

As always, any and all responses will be appreciated :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Either 303 High Tech Fabric Guard or Ultima Interior Guard Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash,
    There are so many cleaners that now have "Scotchguard" in their product. I have used Oxi Clean with Scotchguard. It`s okay, but I think I need to step up in this area.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    303 Fabric Guard for this guy.

-Kody-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    Either 303 High Tech Fabric Guard or Ultima Interior Guard Plus
    Hmmm, those both sound very intresting Richard :-? Thanks for your imput :soldier:

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Flash,
    There are so many cleaners that now have "Scotchguard" in their product. I have used Oxi Clean with Scotchguard. It`s okay, but I think I need to step up in this area.
    Barry, I haven`t noticed this, but now that you mention it I`m sure I`ll be seeing it on every label I look at ut:

The stuff I use to use came in a Red & White aresol can and smelled alot like hairspray. It was very effective though :driving:

Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter View Post
    303 Fabric Guard for this guy.

-Kody-
    Director Another vote for 303 Da Rules! Thanks Kody :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima Interior Guard Plus!!!
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
    Ultima Interior Guard Plus!!!
    Nice to see you over here too

Post Thanks / Like