Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metro Vacs

Post Thanks / Like
    I love when people admire my car. I put a lot of work in to it. The problem I have is when people hover over it. 2 examples. Yesterday some guy who seemed to be almost a drifter was going on and on about a "Porsche" that he owned back in the day for 10 minutes before it was stolen by the guy he supposably bought it from with no receipt. The model never existed as far as I know. I was really glad he liked my car. It was painstakenly washed, polished and waxed. The problem is he takes his dirty hands and starts rubbing my fender to show me what he likes. Now its full of greasy fingerprints. I didnt want to be rude so I didnt say anything. Then 2 guys are drinking coffee and eating muffins and admiring my car. I love the compliment of somebody liking the car but then the guy spills his very hot coffee and it misses my car by not more than 2 inches Does it make you guys nervous when people get that close or even start touching your cars? Am I paranoid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you are. No I understand where your comming from. But thats a helluva lot better than some others, who either scoff at your for actually keeping a clean car, or ones who vandalize them.:down

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t let people touch my car. I don`t care if I am rude, I tell them...don`t touch it. There are exceptions, by I only let people I trust touch my car.

I know what you mean about people hovering around your car though. I don`t drive my Jag much, but when I do people always look at it. It kind of makes me nervous, I get afraid something is going to happen to it. One person even asked if they could sit in my Jag, hmmmmmm I don`t think so.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I would rather them sit in the car than the people that are so fwd that they start sitting on the hood. I cant tell you how many times that has happened in the past. Either I`m just too obsessed or they have no respect or both. I once even had some idiot put his foot on my nose to ie his sneaker. I was in shock.

Post Thanks / Like
    No spree17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are not paranoid at all. I am the same way and I think I can speak for most Autopiaians. We put alot of time and effort into taking care of our cars and some people don`t know what it takes to get a car looking in showroom condition, so they are not as carefull as we would be.I can be sure that if an Autopiaian got around your car that would not happen cause we know the work it takes. :xyxthumbs

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The people I trust are trusted because I know they won`t touch my car. It isn`t a freakin park bench so nobody leans against it or sits on the hood. When you close the door you don`t touch the glass or the paint. Touch something else to close it. Everybody knows I`m obsessed and they face my wrath if they leave finger prints on my car. I think that a beating is perfectly reasonable for someone that left a smudge on my car, don`t you?

The thing I hated about the "car show" in Salt Lake was that people were all over the cars touching them and leaning against them. It was horrible to watch! To see a Viper with smudges all over it and scratches where people`s zippers rubbed against the car while they were leaning in was just about the worst thing I`ve ever seen.

In a way, my obsession has helped my business. People that know me know how well I take care of cars. Not just mine, but everybodys. I would sooner die than leave a smudge on someones car after I spend a couple hours detailing it. When people see that they know I`m someone they can trust with their vehicle. I`d never trust my car to someone that would spend a couple hours detailing it and then leave a big handprint on the window as they closed the door. Obsession can be a good thing sometimes. :xyxthumbs

---> Cars
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    But you have to park them to go get stuff at auto parts store or to go in gas station or restaurant. I`m not speaking about friends doing these things. I`m speaking about total strangers that admire your car then think it is just a piece of metal to be leaned on, sat on, rubbed with dirty hands. Heck a few strangers just standing too close to my car freaks me out and makes me nervous. Then the people that feel the need to park right next to it drive me nuts. I stand and pray they dont fling their doors in to the side of my car. I need a shrink.

Then you have the idots that fling their lit cigs or cigars out the window that land on your car also. I think I need to buy a gun for those idiots. LOL

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to park close to the door at work. Then I started finding ash on my hood at the end of the day. It turned out that everyone took their smoke breaks in that area and they would wander over to my car and ash on it. Grrrr..... That ended my parking spot near the door. Strangers touching my car almost as bad as having friends touch it. My friends know better but you would think that some strangers would know better too. Especially with a really nice car like a Porsche! Everyone knows that those are expensive and you really shouldn`t touch it. Leaving finger prints on a Mustang or something is one thing but ruining the perfect shine of a Porsche is another. You need some velvet ropes to set up around your car when you park. I wish I had a Porsche....
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most peole I know think I am obseesed and weird.. Boy it is nice to have company who feels the same way about their cars that I do. Nothing is worse than parking way out in a parking lot, come out and some old beaters parked on top of you. Grrrrrr. What scares me even more is when my car is salty and dirty, people leaning touching, etc.

And if you even come close to my car with a finger ready to write, you better understand there is a good chance you could be walking away without a finger.

My biggest problem is... I live near several ski slopes and parking is worse than oral surgery! You want to park close, so you dont have to carry all your mess to far... But than, you have people weaving in and out of your cars carrying skis, poles, etc.. AHhhhhhhhh. If your are ever at North Carolina Ski Slopes and there is some freak walking two miles up the hill fom a black ML320, yeah, thats me! And on another note, when they spread slag (mixture of salt, sand, gravel, etc.) with a spreader on the back of a dump truck.. Holy Moly... I have done more than one evasive manuever to avoid that, nothings worse than hearing: Ting Tink Bang, it hurts me to thank about it.

Sorry For The Long Post! Needed To Share!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bjwebster [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>And on another note, when they spread slag (mixture of salt, sand, gravel, etc.) with a spreader on the back of a dump truck.. Holy Moly... I have done more than one evasive manuever to avoid that, nothings worse than hearing: Ting Tink Bang, it hurts me to thank about it. [/b]</blockquote>This I can empathize with and relate to. It happened to me 2x in about 20 mins. One time I was on a very narrow street, so I had to take it lying down, and the other time I got away. As far as packing heat, and velvet ropes in the name of my car that`s just too far IMHO. When you think about it, it`s just a car. I am not willing to alter my life to that extreme for a car, and I know this is not the spirit of a pure-blooded Autopian.
    Jorge
    00 BMW 328CI

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a new car now, but my previous car was a Suzuki that I bought new in 1992. I kept the Suzuki in great shape, always parked at the far end of the parking lot, and was totally paranoid all the time. I ended up trading it to the dealer, but still drove it for 3 months while my new car was on order. The dealer didn`t care about scratches and I really had no reason to be so concerned about it. I started parking close to the door, didn`t worry about anyone touching the car, and generally just relaxed. It was great!

Now I`ve got my new car and the paranoia starts all over...

Tiger88

Post Thanks / Like
    I also don`t allow people to touch my cars. However, there are some exceptions. A pretty lady can change things quite quickly. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate it when people come up and lean on your car
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    <-----

I hate it when people touch my car! I give people a quick lecture before allowing them in my car, and often open the door for them (females always, guys occasionally if I think they aren`t gentle).

What REALLY gets me is when people rub my car saying something to the effect of "Yeah, you sure did a great job on it!"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH I usually say something like "Please don`t touch my car" or, "You can touch it right after I wash it if you like but you`re making all that labor I did useless by touching it dirty" or "**** @#$@#$ #@$)(#!!!"

puterbum

haha, you should have seen all the cars at northeastern that got ruined! After the superbowl tons of students rushed out and started jumping on cars and actually flipped 2 of them. The roofs of many cars were caved in, a few of them freshly detailed . Not any more. Glad I left my car on the other side of town . Now after seeing this event I am REALLY PARANOID of my car. The kids didnt give a **** about the other peoples cars, ruthless . It is disgusting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information