Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Heck that! Give the kid the Jeep and get yourself that tricked out Lightning! :up [/b]</blockquote>
    LOL... I think the dad has a vette

I really want an L but if I actually had one I would probably never drive it. It would have like a 1000 coats of wax on it and it would be towed on a trailer to the race track.

I mean, with my current truck I`m driving on the higway and see a shell or gravel parking lot and pull off to do a few doughnuts and spinouts. With the L I couldn`t do that.

Of course it would be interesting to see me do doughnuts with a trailer that had an Lightning on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Stain problems with newer cloth seats.

I am having some problems with stains in newer cloth seats returning after I remove them. I will use APC and a soft brush to lightly agitate the stain, then use our extractor to suck the solution out of the seat using the hot water as I see fit.

I always make sure to get as much water sucked out of the seat as I can, but in a lot of cases, once the seat is dry the stain seems to come back up out of the foam and appear in the cloth again. Sometimes the stain will even spread out depending on how much water I use from the extractor.

What would you all recommend I change or try different? What process do you pros use?

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some cloth seats are a pain. I seem to have better luck with a foam cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    If there are really deep spills I will soak the seat really well and then blot with a thick white towel folded twice over and sit on the towel while Im cleaning other things . The bigger your butt is and the more you weigh the better it will blot it up :

Sometimes you just have to do them twice if the stain comes back . Thats why I like to do it early in the day in case I need to redo them

Post Thanks / Like
    Try using Folex instead of an APC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    If there are really deep spills I will soak the seat really well and then blot with a thick white towel folded twice over and sit on the towel while Im cleaning other things . The bigger your butt is and the more you weigh the better it will blot it up :

Sometimes you just have to do them twice if the stain comes back . Thats why I like to do it early in the day in case I need to redo them
    Thanks for the advice, I think having weight on the seat will really help soak up the stain and keep it from coming back up out of the foam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePriceofPerfection View Post
    Try using Folex instead of an APC.
    Thanks a lot, I have heard a lot about Folex, I have just never looked in to it.

Do you know of a good place to buy the product?

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter View Post
    Thanks a lot, I have heard a lot about Folex, I have just never looked in to it.

Do you know of a good place to buy the product?
    I`ve always gotten it at Lowe`s.

Stains seem to disappear in front of your eyes using Folex. I`ve had them mysteriously reappear on carpets though. One of the pro carpet cleaner tips is if you leave cleaner residue in carpets you end up cleaning the bottom of your shoes over time and the stain seems to reappear. Thorough rinse and extraction is one of the secrets on those types of spots. YMMV.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I forgot to mention is if you use the soak and blot method you have to keep doing it till the wet spot on the towel comes out clear , thats why I like the white or very light colored towels for this .It will however spread the stain out wards and make it bigger so it may not be the best method but its what I do. The really deep spills can be nasty !

This can also be used for carpets .
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention is if you use the soak and blot method you have to keep doing it till the wet spot on the towel comes out clear , thats why I like the white or very light colored towels for this .It will however spread the stain out wards and make it bigger so it may not be the best method but its what I do. The really deep spills can be nasty !

This can also be used for carpets .
    Thanks for the advice, I will try it out on the Volvo I have to do. The seats are pretty nasty, so hopefully I`ll get the hang of cleaning them by the time we`re done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has the seat been treated with a fabric protectant?:-?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Canyon View Post
    Has the seat been treated with a fabric protectant?:-?
    I don`t think it has. It`s only a 2-yr old Volvo S40, but the owner has never taken care of it.

Not sure if Volvo is notorious for this or not, but my experience has been the same with other newer "cloth" interiors.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate cloth seats because of the staining. My wife had a 2008 Escape with those "recycled" material seats and water would even stain them. Needless to say when she got her 2010 Escape limited she got leather. It may cost more but if it`s taken care of there`s nothing like leather. Seats that is.:

Post Thanks / Like
    Folex worked great for me....used it not to long ago cause my dads dog had a accidence in the jetta.... awesome stuff. I herd APC + is good with extractors....ill have to try that.

Anyway In the newer F150`s even if you get water on them they stain like heck

When your done extracting put down some fabric protectent when your done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiguru View Post
    Folex worked great for me....used it not to long ago cause my dads dog had a accidence in the jetta.... awesome stuff. I herd APC + is good with extractors....ill have to try that.

Anyway In the newer F150`s even if you get water on them they stain like heck

When your done extracting put down some fabric protectent when your done.
    Thanks for the help, I have some fabric protectant ready to roll. Still need to pick up the Folex (hoping I can find it locally).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information