Post Thanks / Like
    I need to do a forest green 96 acura sedan and have only SG. I plan to clay the car first then poilish with meguiars #7 then wash with dawn and skip right to sg. Any problems i should know about? Should I add a cleaner wax before polishing to take the AOI place? I plan to apply SG with dry terry and remove with dry cotton towel. I also have zaino on hand but rather save it for a different car since this car will be sold and I would never see it again.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend using the All in One before the SG. It will probably take off the #7 though so I guess it is just a matter of choosing between the two.

If you apply the SG you will get better results with a foam pad vs a terry pad. The foam absorbs less of the product so you can spread it around better. It is going to look awesome on green though! Don`t get rid of it without getting some before and after pics of it.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    and already prepped, I would skip the AIO and/or polish step, and go right to the SG. There is no need to polish paint that is in good condiion before applying a product like SG.

Post Thanks / Like
    The #7 is more of a glaze and doesn`t too much cleaning. Klasse AIO and Klasse SG work very well together. I`ve noticed that Klasse SG looks nicer with Klasse AIO underneath. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Ryan [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I need to do a forest green 96 acura sedan and have only SG. I plan to clay the car first then poilish with meguiars #7 then wash with dawn and skip right to sg. Any problems i should know about? Should I add a cleaner wax before polishing to take the AOI place? I plan to apply SG with dry terry and remove with dry cotton towel. I also have zaino on hand but rather save it for a different car since this car will be sold and I would never see it again.

Ryan [/b]</blockquote>
    If you do a Dawn wash right after #7, you are almost right back where you started.

If this car is going to be sold soon, don`t even bother with the SG. Just do the claying followed by #7. At this point, the paint should be smooth and glossy and a lot of the swirls will be less visible. Then seal the #7 in with a pure wax like meguiar`s #26. That will make the car look nice for at least a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    If your gonna sell this car soon, just polish it then put a couple layers of a a carnuba wax. That would seem like less trouble and the carnuba will look good which will help you sell your car.
    2001 Silver Arrow VW JETTA

Slowly and surely becoming psycho about my cars finish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you had the All In One you could just use that as a one step and be done with it. Since you don`t have that and you are selling the car just use a good cleaner wax on it like Meguiar`s #6. I`ve used it before and it gives good results although it only lasts 3 or 4 weeks imho.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Ireally want to use the Klasse on this car as a test. Plus the owner wants it perfect for sale. As for using meg. #7, I am using it under the assumption that it has abrasives, enough to remove swirls. If this isnt true then tell me of a product I can use from the local stores. Will #7 cut down on swirls? Is it just hidden by the oil or both?

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    The #7 is just a filler, may be abrasive with the towel, but this will cause linear scratches/marring. I think it even says non-abrasive on the bottle.

If you live near a NAPA or autobody shop, look for 3M or Meguiars polishes (3M Finesse It II, or Meguiars #9 SMR 2.0 are just two examples.) Technique also matters. Read up on the proper way to polish by hand.

If you want perfect, it`ll take too long, but for a compromise, clay #7, and wax with #26 or Blitz.

just my 2 cents

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Again if you`re looking for a good cleaner than the #7 really isn`t the product you want. You would be better off using Klasse All in One. Now if you want "perfect", then top off the All in One with 3 layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Most here tend to believe that you should allow each coat of the Klasse SG to cure for 1 day before you apply a 2nd coat. The same goes for the 3rd coat. Now the final part of the "perfect" look is to top the 3rd coat of Klasse SG with a quality carnauba such as Blitz, P21, Pinnacle Souveran, etc... Laters

Post Thanks / Like

fabric protector recall

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/1..._lnk3%7C179516

Several of them are being recalled for dangerous fumes. Ive always felt these sprays were really toxic!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads-up DC! :iagree: fumes are not good for breathing.. I usually stick with either 3M or 303

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up DC! :iagree: fumes are not good for breathing.. I usually stick with either 3M or 303
    Careful,the article say`s that Sprayway ia also sold under the 3M fabric Protector.

EDIT
    Sorry,it says 3D not 3M,my bad.

Good to know thou!

Thread Information