Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan on buying some products from CMA this week for my arsenal but i wnat to know, if i buy the Klasse Concours kit, is it enough to do multiple layers( maybe 3 or 4) of sealant glaze?

Thanks in advance

Mike T

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitly! 16.9 ounces is a pretty good amount, and you`ll be able to do plenty of layers with it! You can do 16 layers with one bottle of sealent glaze, if you use it sparingly enough. Very very thin layers is all you need, especially with something as concentrated as Klasse.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse Sg should last a while, each coat only takes about .5-1 oz of product.

I have done countless layers of SG (20+ total) and barely dented the Klasse SG.

I have these .5 oz bottles laying around, I will try to find my bottle of Klasse SG (like finding waldo) and pour it in, then see how much I use per coat.

The Klasse kit should last you many years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the quick replies. as far as a topper wax should i go with the Blitz or the 3m show car wax?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well what color car?

I never tried the 3M wax, but I have tried Blitz and its provides a deep warm paint. a very good topper.

If you want the ultimate experience, give Souveran a try....

Blitz does seem to attract dust in certain climates, and stains on black trim if you are not careful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like Blitz, but I haven`t used the 3M.

We`re on this forum around the clock! Quick replies are usually expected!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2000 Red Celica GTS. The Souvearn im sure is great but too rich for my blood.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried 3M Show Car wax and it made my black bimmer look VERY nice. However, I didn`t think it was very easy to buff and it seemed to have poor durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    But Klasse/Blitz is a great combo though. Will make you`re red deep and rich.

and Blitz is one of the most durable carnaubas out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely select the Blitz over the 3M wax. It is more durable and gives outstanding depth. Looks real damn nice. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for a better than average carnauba, then Blitz is the way to go. I used Blitz before I broke down and splurged on the Souveran.

The only complaint that I ever had with the Blitz was that I found it to be "chalky" when buffed off. To try and remedy this, I would lightly spray my MF towel with a quick detailer and this would dramatically cut down on that "chalkiness". (You know, that white powder/dust that floats around.)

One other little tip when using Blitz is to apply it thinly. I made the mistake of applying too much a few times and found it difficult to buff. Thin layers are effective and much easier to remove. You should be pleased with the results. :up

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate Review

Product Review: Meguiar`s D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Introduction: I have heard many positive claims from fellow TID members about the cleaning abilities of Meguiar`s D120. The claims of no streaking intrigued me, as I have always had a hard time with cleaning glass. Every time I thought that I had the window perfectly cleaned, I would take out the car and once the sun hit it a a certain angle, I would see a whole window covered in streaks. I was skeptical, as I am with all glass cleaners.

This was a sample given to me by Jon at PAR Detailing. I can`t tell you how generous Jon has been to everyone here at TID with his offer, but I would like to thank him.

Product Description:
    Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate is the professional (and enthusiast`s) choice for cleaning smoker`s film, vinyl fog, residue, bug remains and road grime from glass surfaces. Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate leaves windows streak free and crystal clear with minimal effort. This product is safe for use on tinted windows and is 100% ammonia free. One gallon of concentrate produces 11 gallons of amazing cleaner!

Method:
    Sprayed directly on window and wiped with WW MF. Once product was spread evenly over windshield, I turned over the WW MF and polished with dry side.

Observations:
    Window was crystal clear, with absolutely zero streaking and zero hazing. This product was extremely easy to apply and remove. It has a very pleasant grape scent. I would highly recommend this product, as I have finally found my go to glass cleaner.

Thank you again to Jon for the sample, and to Corey (CEE Dog), as I stole his review format (because he does it so well).
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a sample from Jon as well. I just wanted to thank him for his generosity as this was a product I always wanted to try.

I love it. Great smell and zero streaks...:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Barry! Glad you like the "Grape Kool-Aid"

One suggestion I`d like to give is rather than flipping over your towel to a dry side, always have a separate towel handy for the finishing instead.

Clip from an article I wrote a while back...

The biggest mistake people make when cleaning windows is only using one towel to clean all the windows on the car. What they don?t realize is that after each consecutive window they clean, the towel not only becomes saturated with cleaner, but it also gets caked with all the dirt and grime you?ve picked up along the way. So basically, after a few windows you are just smearing around all that crud, which is what usually causes the streaking. Incidentally, if your towel is saturated you will never really able to dry the glass either?have you ever tried to dry a car with a wet towel before?

The solution to steak-free windows is what I call the ?two towel method.? The key to this method is to always have a second clean, dry towel to follow the first. On most cars I will actually use a total of 4 towels, 2 for the driver side and 2 for the passenger side.

Cheers, :soldier:
    Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Great review Barry! Glad you like the "Grape Kool-Aid"

One suggestion I`d like to give is rather than flipping over your towel to a dry side, always have a separate towel handy for the finishing instead.

Clip from an article I wrote a while back...

The biggest mistake people make when cleaning windows is only using one towel to clean all the windows on the car. What they don?t realize is that after each consecutive window they clean, the towel not only becomes saturated with cleaner, but it also gets caked with all the dirt and grime you?ve picked up along the way. So basically, after a few windows you are just smearing around all that crud, which is what usually causes the streaking. Incidentally, if your towel is saturated you will never really able to dry the glass either?have you ever tried to dry a car with a wet towel before?

The solution to steak-free windows is what I call the ?two towel method.? The key to this method is to always have a second clean, dry towel to follow the first. On most cars I will actually use a total of 4 towels, 2 for the driver side and 2 for the passenger side.

Cheers, :soldier:
    Rasky
    Good tip Chad. I will remember it for the next time I do the glass.:notworthy:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information