Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

FWIW (regarding Woolite), I have contacted Woolite and spoken to them regarding use on automotive leather.

A) They had NO idea that some car manufacturers recommended their product for leather care.

They absolutely do not recommend it because Woolite is designed to be removed by dilution. That is you would have to literally pull the leather skin off the seat, put it in a bucket with a lot of water, and agitate it, in under to remove all trace residue.

David F also forwarded Woolite`s MSDS sheets to several leather care experts who were adament that several of the chemicals listed on the sheet were bad for leather types.

So the manufacturer doesn`t recommend it and leather car experts believe that it will damage leather overtime.

I know people use it and get great results AND haven`t caused any long term damage, but the manufacturer and leather experts make for rather powerful devil`s advocates IMO.

Thanks for the info Todd! :judge:
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I know if my leather is "coated" or "uncoated"?
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post

FWIW (regarding Woolite), I have contacted Woolite and spoken to them regarding use on automotive leather.

A) They had NO idea that some car manufacturers recommended their product for leather care.

They absolutely do not recommend it because Woolite is designed to be removed by dilution. That is you would have to literally pull the leather skin off the seat, put it in a bucket with a lot of water, and agitate it, in under to remove all trace residue.

David F also forwarded Woolite`s MSDS sheets to several leather care experts who were adament that several of the chemicals listed on the sheet were bad for leather types.

So the manufacturer doesn`t recommend it and leather car experts believe that it will damage leather overtime.

I know people use it and get great results AND haven`t caused any long term damage, but the manufacturer and leather experts make for rather powerful devil`s advocates IMO.

I disagree :judge:

Many manufactures won`t endorse using there products in a certain fashion. Take Dawn for instance. They DO NOT recommend using there product to wash cars. But anyone with half a brain does, and never suffers any ill effects

Another that comes to mind is Meguiars. I may be wrong, but I have never seen them actually endorse the KBM. Reason being is they don`t want every idiot with a DA that puts 250lbs of pressure on there units to come back and sue them for damaged paint when the spindle snaps. On the other hand, I have never seen them come out and say not to use the KBM. This is simply because they know it works

As for the manufactures and so called leather experts..... There all idiots. Listen to me. I am the real expert here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How do I know if my leather is "coated" or "uncoated"?
    Spray a small amount of water onto it. If it beads, its coated. If it sucks it into the leather, its non coated :spy:

Post Thanks / Like
    "As for the manufactures and so called leather experts..... There all idiots. Listen to me."

Just came in for lunch and read your post, Flash !

When I stopped laughing, I had a stroke of inspiration - You, my amigo, among many other aliases you have, are also the Presidente of the LTUOA, right ?? Come on, buddy, fess up !

I just know now, that there is no one else your equal to hold the most prestigious title of President of the Lacquer Thinner Users of America

I am so honored to know you and grateful that all the usage of this most miracle product has not ever caused you any Drain Bamage !

All kidding aside, we love ya, Dude; and life would be so boring without you!

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I mostly use lexol soap when cleaning leather . It seems anytime ive resorted to anything stronger on really dirty leather it changes the way the leather feels in a bad way .

lexol soap may not be the best but it at least does no harm . Anyone have a good leather cleaner that will NOT harm the leather for really dirty leather?:smile:

Or how about steam ? Does it change the feel of the leather?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One ask a question, Flash has the answer..........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information