Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, this lady came by to buy my Thule cargo box. She has a 88-91 Toyota Corolla wagon. She decided that it was easier to put the cargo box inside her car instead of on top since she was going to be getting a new car in a few days. So I go to the rear seat and fold her seats down. I had to stick my head out while my arms were trying to find the knob to push the seats down because the interior smelled like vomit! I looked at her and she didn`t seemed to fazed by the smell, so I thought maybe it was just on my side. So I go on her side to fold the front passenger seat down and that vomit smell is there again! The whole car smelled like vomit because I went to the trunk and it was the same smell. I guess this lady became so accustomed to the vomit smell, she might have gotten used to the smell.

I just had to share this experience with my fellow Autopians. Have any of you ever sat in a car where the WHOLE interior smelled like vomit? Any professional detailers encountered this terrible smell?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just thinking about makes me want to...
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    Was she old? old people usually smell bad

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intel486 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Was she old? old people usually smell bad [/b]</blockquote>
    She was in her 50s. She didn`t smell bad because at times she was next to me when I would show her how to use the cargo box.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t experienced this, but I have noticed that most peoples` cars seem to have some sort of unique odor. You get in there every day with your body odor, your breath, whatever deoderant you wear, the detergent you wash your clothes in - this probably all adds up to give each car is special scent. Maybe this lady had a pukin` baby in there a lot.

I think we all get used to our own vehicles and don`t smell it. I worry sometimes that perhaps my car stinks to other people but they are too polite to say anythning about it.

Fortunately my wife has a very sensitive nose - so I figure she would tell me.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to disparage the smokers among us, because i`m sure this isn`t the norm for them , but my wife asked me if I would look at her secretary`s car ( `91 Tempo, ) and give her a price on detailing the interior. (The exterior was too far gone for her to bother with ).

Long story short, there were cigarette ashes EVERYWHERE...ash tray was OVERFLOWING with butts, and the stench was BEYOND COMPREHENSION. I literally almost got sick just sitting in the car for 1 minute. This from a guy that used to play rock music in smoky bars.

I was in a bind because I didn`t want to insult her by saying I wouldn`t do it, but honestly, the money wouldn`t have been worth it for me, because I was sure I`d get sick, sinus infection, whatever from the job. I just told her $80 because I thought that would be out of her ballpark. And honestly, the work involved merited close to that, because the rugs were also stained as well as the seats. Thankfully it was too pricey for her. Felt bad really. That was really the only occcasion I ever encountered a car that was that undesireable to detail.

I`ve been in , and cleaned, many smoker`s cars, but that was the mother of all nasal nasties.

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy yourself some Atmosklear de-oderizer, get a fogger machine, and be happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SouthernBoy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Just thinking about makes me want to... [/b]</blockquote>
    Were you looking for this??

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea how you guys know how to do that. I`m jealous!

Post Thanks / Like
    My friends cars smell like this after parties

Post Thanks / Like
    4 boxes (2.00 bucks) of flow-thru Baking Soda powder, that should help absorb odors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yell00ITR,

I bow to your mastery of the animated icon.

I`m not worthy.
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, you can find graphical smileys all over the net...I dont design em, I just "steal" em.

All you do is link them in your message by using the IMG function with the appropriate link.

Post Thanks / Like
    A show on Discovery called "Crime Scene Cleaups 2". It was about a guy in New Orleans who had a cleaning service. A very special cleaning service. He cleaned up after murders, suicides, accidents, wherever there was a disgusting mess.

They showed a car where a guy got offed by a 12 gauge while sitting in the drivers seat. He quoted the insurance company something like $2700 to clean the car, replace all carpet/seat covers, and remove all biological contamination. The insurance company said "No thanks, we`ll come pick it up."

I can just imagine them driving the car to a detailing business and saying "Hey, can you clean the mess in the driver`s seat extra good for me?" Eeyewwww....

The worst one was a body they found in an apartment that was so badly decomposed that they couldn`t even tell the race or sex of the person. The body had bloated up so far it "exploded" and the body fluids had soaked about 6 feet up the sheetrock (you could see the stains). The people were all walking around gagging. Really, really gross.

How does that song go "You and me baby, we ain`t nothin` but mammals so let`s do it like they do on the Discovery Channel!"
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like

Removing 08 SL550 seats

Someone came to me to get a quote on a full interior cleaning and carpet extraction on an 08 SL550. They want me to pull the seats out to get absolutely EVERYTHING, the goal is perfection here. Now my question, how hard is it to get these seats out? I`ve worked on SLs before, but never pulled the seat out of one. Camaro seat easy, Merc seat I`m guessing not so much. Any tips?
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information