Thread: 303 Mini Review

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I purchased some more Meguiar`s Professional Series products this past weekend and while in my favorite detailing store, I noticed this brand of polishes:

UV2 made by Hollander Industries?

I`ve never heard of it before nor have I seen any discussions about it. I tried a search and "nothing." The bottles had dust on them and I asked the manager about it and he said "I don`t know (anything) about it...I don`t sell much at all."

Has anyone tried it? I`m thinking if it`s not too bad, I might go back in there and make that guy a token offer on his remaining bottles and just use it on my daily driver lease.

Thanks in advance for any info.

p.s. Hollander`s web site is "in process" of being built.

Post Thanks / Like
    Forget it. This stuff must not be common at all, hence, the dust on the bottles.

Run away, run away...

I`ll stay with what I`m used to.

Phil

`98 Mazda B3000 4X4

`93 Thunderbird SC

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    It is definitely "old inventory" at my detail shop as the bottle on that link looks completely different.

Much appreciated.

Phil

Post Thanks / Like

303 Mini Review

I purchased this from PAC 2 weeks ago but this weekend I cleaned my truck and DD. I got to use the 303 for the first time. It`s the Aeropace protectant not the fabric product.

I used it on the truck which had a plastic peice on the top of the rear bumper. It was very faded and I only wish I had a 50/50 shot. It took more most of Saturday to vacuum, clean glass inside, wipe down interior, wash 2BM, clay, re wash, seal paint, seal wheels and then 303 interor and exterior!

You can see the trim peice in the pic below it looked like the running board treads before I started. I was afraid to put it on there because i was afraid it would be slippery. On to the pictures:

Sunday I did the same less the clay and sealant on my DD. I did not have any clay left or strength to polish it and it needs it. I used it on the dash, seat bases (plastic), wood trim, door pannels and interior door gaskets. Here are some shots below:

All in all I like the product. No greasy residue. No excessive shine. I applied with a foam applicator wet, let it sit 10 minutes and buffed off with a cotton towel. I dod not want to waste a MF on this as I threw it away after use. Next time I rag out a MF I will save for this purpose. Most of my rag outs are used on wheels before the garbage. Now I will divert the next one to the interior 303 buff off job.

It is not streak, although you clearly see if you missed a spot. Good coverage and make surfaces slightly darker but in a good way to my eye. Little or no smell, which I like and a little goes a long way.

SO far so good. Lets see how long it lasts inside and out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review. Your interior looks great.
    I would really like to try this eventually.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love this stuff. here`s a 50/50 shot of my Jeep bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    GreyGoose - how long does it last in the sun and rain?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    My personal experience is not long at all. 303 Aerospace Protectant honestly reminds me of Armor All spray found at most department stores.

303 Aerospace does work pretty well on the interior surfaces but I like Meguiar`s M40 just a bit more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a big fan of 303AP for interiors, engines, and some exterior applications. I have had it last a long time on some exterior pieces that I used it on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    I found it does not last in the rain or even morning dew. I have used 303 for several years and love it on the interior. In fact it has kept my 12 year old Mercedes dash looking brand new. The exterior just plain sucks. After a morning dew I find is streaked down my paint and the plastic looks blotchy.

If anyone has suggestions for a product that will hold up in the rain I am open ears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in Southern Calif, so not much rain or dampness. I like it far better than Armor all. It doesn`t seem to attract dirt like AA does. It makes all may fenders and vinyl top nice and black. Maybe after i burn through the 32 ouncer I just bought I`ll give the Meguiars a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wizo View Post
    I found it does not last in the rain or even morning dew. I have used 303 for several years and love it on the interior. In fact it has kept my 12 year old Mercedes dash looking brand new. The exterior just plain sucks. After a morning dew I find is streaked down my paint and the plastic looks blotchy.
    It seems to depend on what type of rubber or plastic you use it on. I used it on the previously faded black plastic tubes that run the length of my SL and the 303AP has lasted months.

Quote Originally Posted by wizo View Post
    If anyone has suggestions for a product that will hold up in the rain I am open ears.
    UTTGP end of story

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry... UTTGP is what?

Thread Information