Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks William for the PM. I think he will be the distributor of choice for me if I plan to get more Zaino.

~bw

EDIT: Wait.. I haven`t recieved it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    BW - Just sent you PM. :up

I suggest others to E-MAIL Sal for list of distributors close to your area. He normally reply in a day or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    :p

what is sal`s email??

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is wet@zainobros.com

It would be quicker to call him, although he is very fast with email replies.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting facts about leather care by lexol

http://www.properautocare.com/leclcoex.html

I was reading this and found it really interesting !

Lexol makes anothe conditioner with"neatsfoot oil" and found out its made from animal lard, something i would never use.

The other Lexol conditioner I have used for years is made from "synthetic spermwhale oil ` At first i wa really kind of grossed out but since its synthetic I guess it doesnt really matter :

Whats in your leather conditioner?! :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    DC - neatsfoot oil is what I used over 30 years ago to soften my baseball glove and it worked over time. I don`t think it matters in that case, but I agree it is not something that should be used on interior leather

Post Thanks / Like
    I followed up with Lexol after reading the article and other readings on the internet. I got the impression that Lexol would not do much (in terms of conditioning) protected leather until the top coating (urethane based) degrades but none the less was safe (not harmful) on protected leather.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    I first started using Lexol for Leather 10 years ago with my first new BMW. It totally removed the beautiful smell of the leather and I quit using it altogether.

Then in 2001, I found out from very reputable sources that Lexol Leather conditioner, would eventually cause BMW leather to get "sticky", so I really distanced myself from anything Lexol made for leather.

Searched around a long time,and finally found out about Spinneybeck.com, which makes a huge amount of hides for automotive and other leather upholstery needs.
    They put this product,, their own leather conditioner, on at the Tannery, after the leather hide is processed and ready to sell. Believe they are headquarted in Getzville NY and have something like 2 million square feet of leather inventory.They also were the first to import quality Italian leather to this country, and apparently have a great handle on that market.

This Spinneybeck product, along with Zaino Leather Conditioner, and Einzett Leather conditioner are the only products I use now. I also keep one jar of Connolly Hide Food for the English Leather Seat folks.

I also remember neatsfoot oil and also used it to break in baseball gloves - it didnt seem to work all that well, but smelled "leathery" for awhile in the mitt on hot days, right ?

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I first started using Lexol for Leather 10 years ago with my first new BMW. It totally removed the beautiful smell of the leather and I quit using it altogether.

Then in 2001, I found out from very reputable sources that Lexol Leather conditioner, would eventually cause BMW leather to get "sticky", so I really distanced myself from anything Lexol made for leather.Searched around a long time,and finally found out about Spinneybeck.com, which makes a huge amount of hides for automotive and other leather upholstery needs.
    They put this product,, their own leather conditioner, on at the Tannery, after the leather hide is processed and ready to sell. Believe they are headquarted in Getzville NY and have something like 2 million square feet of leather inventory.They also were the first to import quality Italian leather to this country, and apparently have a great handle on that market.

This Spinneybeck product, along with Zaino Leather Conditioner, and Einzett Leather conditioner are the only products I use now. I also keep one jar of Connolly Hide Food for the English Leather Seat folks.

I also remember neatsfoot oil and also used it to break in baseball gloves - it didnt seem to work all that well, but smelled "leathery" for awhile in the mitt on hot days, right ?

Dan F
    Hi Dan

Im not disputing that cannot happen (sticky BMW leather )but I will say ive been using lexol conditionere for 9 years and havent seen it happen yet . I took care of a BMW for 7 years religiously every 3 months used lexol conditioner and the seats were fine so I guess either other factors or variables are involved or it takes many, many years for the stickiness to happen?

I personally really like lexol conditioner but have not used the ones you mentioned to compare .:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only tried 3 or 4 different leather cleaner/conditioner combinations and I have yet to find anything I like.

I have Lexol cleaner/conditioner in my "supplies" but I`d be willing to trade of for some beads and ham sandwich. To me, it is one of the most disappointing products I have EVER used.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    The other Lexol conditioner I have used for years is made from "synthetic spermwhale oil `
    I didn`t know they could synthesize whales!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah CEEDOG we live in such a fake world these days you never know whats "real" anymore. In this synthetic sperm whale oil case I would say its a good thing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    I have only tried 3 or 4 different leather cleaner/conditioner combinations and I have yet to find anything I like.

I have Lexol cleaner/conditioner in my "supplies" but I`d be willing to trade of for some beads and ham sandwich. To me, it is one of the most disappointing products I have EVER used.
    Have you tried Leather Masters yet?
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    http://www.properautocare.com/leclcoex.html

I was reading this and found it really interesting !

Lexol makes anothe conditioner with"neatsfoot oil" and found out its made from animal lard, something i would never use.

The other Lexol conditioner I have used for years is made from "synthetic spermwhale oil ` At first i wa really kind of grossed out but since its synthetic I guess it doesnt really matter :

Whats in your leather conditioner?! :biggrin:
    synthetic, huh? maybe it is just dilluted...that is so gross I`m putting my Lexol up for trade...there is no way I`ll be conditioning my leather with semen...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information