Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Originally posted by DUDE:
    I agree about the hype. My guess is that what Carguy dislikes are the legions of Zaino users who belive in its superiority with an almost evangelical fervor. Those people are always hyping Zaino and cannot bear to see it criticized. I cannot understand why Zaino inspires such devotion, but it does.</blockquote>

I think that sums it up. While I love Zaino but it`s clearly overhyped especially by some of the zealots I saw in other forums. Some just dislike this kind of hype. Carguy really brought out some strong points that Zaino users seem to have overlooked, and if you can think about it objectively in his perspective then many of the points are true. Personally, I think the test he done on Zaino is fair. While it`s a great product but has its weakness like any other products out there.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by William420 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> if you can think about it objectively in his perspective then many of the points are true. [/b]</blockquote>
    If you can not think about it objectively then Dude`s perspective is true too.

One thing William, I still think in same amount of coats of K versus same of Z, K has durability won.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you used both products? I think we are splitting hairs in durability.....

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by DETAILKING [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I think we are splitting hairs in durability..... [/b]</blockquote>
    I think so too. The fact is that no one in this forum can keep their hands off their cars long enough to test the theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    we knew that was coming when`s the last time you waited over 6 months without using a single Zaino product on it. No one`s ever done an exact durability test. I`ve Klassed and Blitz then waited 7 months and redid despite the fact that it still looked great.

I`ve not put any QD or wax on my car since I detailed it in November and I`m willing to just wash it weekly to find out. If you`re willing to do the same with Blackfire or Zaino we can all find out together.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> The fact is that no one in this forum can keep their hands off their cars long enough to test the theory. [/b]</blockquote>
    Ain`t that the truth LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the Corolla has not been washed since late October/early November (can`t remember been soooo long), and I washed it to put down a coat of Blitz for the winter. It had Klasse on it since the summer (July?? forgot, if Floni remembers my posts, when was the time I used my new PC (back then) and 3M FI II with Klasse???) (note to self, research the time I used PC with Klasse on Corolla.)

That all the care it was given to date. The wheels are black, the car is filthy, it is covered in salt. The owner took it to the touchless car wash a few times because it was sooooooo dirty. It is now swirl city on the car.

I should be put to shame by this, but there is no way for me to wahs it, its too cold and all the snow is killing me, just 2 1/2 more months till the spring detail.

This will see if Klasse/Blitz is durable. I will take a whole series of pics from all angles. Before, during wash, rinse water on car, after dry, after clay and 3M FI II, and finally the after shot (Zaino if my parents let me get it, wait I know I will get it.) I prefer the plastic look on this car.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Great info guys!!:up :up

From the pictures Ive seen from Z users it looks awesome every time. I think most products discussed on this forum will work great if used correctly.

Since durability is brought up alot I have this question for everyone..

If someone waxes once a month say 10 months out of the year with a carnuba like Blitz or #26 and gets the same results as Z, Klasse,BF or any other sealant,what is the advantage over the carnuba??

Post Thanks / Like
    So there are people on the vette forum that haven`t reapplied zaino in over 6 months and found that there was no need to add more? or no?

I applied 4 coats of AIO on my sisters RAV4 over in the fall. I`ve seen her car still going strong. I`m just curious if a Zaino user spread their magic on a neighbors car or a family members car for one application and then didn`t reapply and then noted when it stopped working. We do that all the time with Klasse. My coworkers got it, my sister, 2 of my friends Jettas, my brothers car, and my cousins. We all have similar stores of people`s cars we detailed at one time or another. Where are the parralel stories?

Lone Wolf, carnauba is for looks. If you like the look of it, which many people do, then that`s the way to go. Add Klasse underneath it and you have the best understock for the carnauba to sit upon (assuming you don`t get haze). I personally think that if you Klassed and then waxed with Blitz every month, the Klasse would last over a year. But whoa that`s a whole different discussion about whether or not Blitz offers any durability in relation to the Klasse.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea where this "klasse lasts longer than zaino" or vice versa theory came about, but there is DEFINITELY NO DATA out there to substantiate it other than some anecdotal cues.

Remember my mom`s TL..the one that was swirled bad that I applied z5 to? Well it has been 6 months + now and it still beads, but like I said in a previous post, it doesnt look quite as good after a wash. Not a z7 wash with QD..im talking about a machine at a gas station.

So, it obviously still works, well over 6 months later. Her car is used daily, has not been washed more than once a month since, no QD, and it still beads, but has a loss of slickness/gloss.

Guys, both products are marvelous (as shown by pictures) as are many others here (Meguiar`s, Invisible Glass, etc.). Just drop it..this is like arguing to an atheist that god exists....

Original poster: Use Zaino..you will most likely like it. If you dont, sell the remaining to someone here (someone will buy it, dont worry) and use another product.

Post Thanks / Like
    From reading all the replies I dont think there is any "arguing" going on...We all know why Z users love the product so my question was what the reasons were that people may NOT have liked it..I think it is a legit question to ask of any product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, here goes...reasons NOT to like Zaino:

-Archaic ordering/distribution system

-Relatively high price (compared to standard retail detailing supplies)

-Multiple steps required to properly use product

-Very specific instructions need to be followed to use product effectively and efficiently

-May take a long time to dry depending on humidity/temp (I havent had this problem)

-Zaino evangelism

-It is like a drug, you may become addicted

-Lack of concours victories

-Concern over polymers and clouding or yellowing of paint

BTW, none of these things stopped me from using the product. And, this list is not of my concerns, but a mix of my concerns and of ones that I have heard here and other places.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good points, but there are ways out of it

-Archaic ordering/distribution system

-->There are distributor that take orders via PAYPAL. You can pay with VISA like what you do with CMA.

-Relatively high price (compared to standard retail detailing supplies)

--> Look at the long picture of longevity. The costs are fair.

-Multiple steps required to properly use product

--> Besides paint prep which needs to be done with any other system, just use ZFX/Z2 OR 5. That`s just 1 step.

-Very specific instructions need to be followed to use product effectively and efficiently

-->Hmmmm you just put it on and wipe it off! Only tricky part (which isn`t that hard) is applying it thin.

-May take a long time to dry depending on humidity/temp (I havent had this problem)

--> Apply THIN or use ZFX. You shouldn`t have problem then.

-It is like a drug, you may become addicted

--> YES, THAT IS A PROBLEM.

-Lack of concours victories

--> Yes, but I get those victories in my neighborhood.

-Concern over polymers and clouding or yellowing of paint

--> I doubt that`s going to happen.

-BTW, none of these things stopped me from using the product

--> Never stopped me either :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Yell00ITR, finally someone to post otherwise. Now that I got someone to finally speak up. I want to ask, why do you apply more Z if it looks great for 6 months?
    Pay Attention Klasse!

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Because it is so damn addicting! Zaino does layer and to a point you CAN see a difference with mulitple coats. There does come a point where diminishing returns comes forth, but after a Z7 wash, and Z6, the car is properly prepped for another coat of zaino, and sometimes we just say what the hell, and spend another hour applying and removing another coat of the stuff........

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information