Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Aloha,

I have been using the Pro brand wax here in Hawaii which I purchase from a local distributor. I like their product called "Satin Creme". It is a "connoisseur quality final finish sealer/wax combines the long lasting protection of a unique acrylic polymer resin with the high clarity and gloss qualities of the best grade of Brazilian Carnauba Wax and two other clear, hard waxes. Formulated for easy application and removal on all types of pre-cleaned paint finishes. Apply by hand or orbital buffer. Available in half gallon size." They also have a wax called "Yellow Wax". And they have a water-based interior dressing called "Premo". Which I also use for my exterior black vinyl, plastic, and rubber (tires). Have anyone of you used their products. I want to get a second opinion on their products. Sorry, I`m just a newbie but thanks to all of you I am learning real quick. And no I am not a salesman for Pro.

http://www.prowax.com

p.s. I have a 2000 Silver Honda CR-V. When I am able I will put up a couple of sample pics.

Aloha,
    RP

Post Thanks / Like
    Salesman?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds interesting. You seem really loyal to that product. Do you sell it or are you just a die hard fan? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen the Pro wax and bodyshop line. They are geared toward professional detailers that need to make a profit.

The reasons this Pro line, Malco products, and other type products are not mentioned on this forum is because we are enthusiasts(sp?), we test products to see which ones do their task the best.

Pro wax maybe perform well, but we love to experiment and try new product out, so a little extra cost for a premium enthusiast product is prefered over half a gallon of wax or a polish.

I can honestly say, most of the products we (forum members) buy in bulk are wheel/tire cleaners (Ef Hi Intensity), car wash (Meguiars GC), and a gallon of quick detailer (ef Clear Pearl, OG show off...to bad z-6/Sonus are only avialable in small quanitity.)

Its two different markets, the enthusiast (sp?) market, and the professional market. the enthusiasts can spend extra for products to take care of their car, its a hobby or in our case an OCD. We (enthusiasts) sometimes use these bulk products because we would use them often and don`t want to spend that much money too often. The professional has to make the customer happy and meet a bottom line so product may have to cost less and be in bigger containers.

Two different markets for car care..

just my 2 cents.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Aloha,

Thank you for all your input. First, I am not a salesman for Pro but have been using them for about 1-2 years. In Hawaii, there isn`t much of a variety of car cleaning products such as Klasse, Pinnacle, P21, One Grand, 303, etc. However, with the help of this forum I have realized that I should try some of the products mentioned above. I am ordering the Klasse AIO and their High Gloss Sealant. Also picking up P21 as a topper. I have read Pinnacle is the King of waxes, that could also be a possiblity.

As we say in Hawaii, "Mahalo Nui Loa" which means Thank you very much.

RP

Post Thanks / Like
    Very well said Jason! I bow to your insights.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hawaii50 welcome to Autopia!

We love to experiment with different products and combinations of products to achieve the ever ellusive state of perfection. We also love photos so if you can manage to post some photos that would be great. btw you don`t have to have your photos hosted on a website to be able to post them here. You just need to have the photos on your computer.

Look forward to your future participation.

Post Thanks / Like
    i used their paste yellow wax pretty decent stuff
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    About 3 months ago, prior to getting my new car, I received a `gift certificate` to a local detailing shop. I was tempted to save it, but then figured I`d take the beater over there, to see what it was worth.

The certificate was worth $40 - a full detail, inside and out, was about $100.

When I arrived at the shop, I was appalled to see what was going on there - a guy was carrying around the dirtiest rags you`ve ever seen, a bucket of filthy water, and another bucket with some spray bottles. I watched him do his work on someone`s BMW - first, dumping the filthy water all over the outside of the car via sponge, then spraying all windows, haphazardly, inside and out, with Windex. The Windex was all over - on the leather seats, and the vinyl door panel and dash.

The worst of them all - Armor All, all over the interior seating surfaces, dashboard, and steering wheel. I wonder if that guy managed to drive home, or if he slipped out of the car first.

Needless to say - it wasn`t worth subjecting the beater to that - luckily, the $40 GC managed to get me some Meguiar`s supplies.

I understand that detailers can`t spend the kind of money that we do on supplies and still make a profit. But there`s a range, I guess - and I was at the bottom of the barrel IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think some of us small time detailers use the good stuff because we really aren`t looking for a profit. We just don`t want to have to pay for our stuff. When I AIO and SG a car it pays for both bottles of Klasse. When I wax a car it pays for my Pinnacle. Most of the stuff that I use gets paid for in the process of the detail. In the end I get some extra spending money and I never have it cost me to treat my cars to the good stuff. Once I go larger scale I`m going to have to get the industrial stuff somewhere like autoing.com or prowax.com or something. For now my customers get to drive cars that I take care of like I take care of my own. ...Except in this weather, of course. To bloody cold out. I washed my car yesterday and nearly froze to death.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman for the kind words...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hawaii50, I would really recommend for you to give the products that you wrote about a try. They are great! Pinnacle waxes are certainly excellent. My favorite so far. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

Question Greasy Mess On Navigation Screen......

I have a friend that took a trip down to Florida. When he got there the bugs and road grime/dirty wheels were more then he could stand :-t Guess what he did X_X You got it. He hit the local Swirl-a-Matic just to get the bugs knocked off and the wheels cleaned so he would be riding sharp @-)

Well, someone must have decided to give him the interior grease treatment option for free. They slapped this junk on in a matter of seconds. There are all kinda obvious missed spots, but 1 area they hit double hard was the navigation screen. Now its a big smeared up mess ~X(

I was wondering if anyone knew of a sure fire way to remedy this situation. My thoughts are to hit the screen with a dot of dawn on a quality microfiber and see if that may remove this greasy mess, but wanted to run it by the good folks @ TruthInDetailing first to see what your thoughts on the matter may be. As always, any and all responses will be appreciated :toetap05:

BTW...This happens to be a 2010 M/B SL 65 with 3,200mi. on the clock, and this guy defines the word Anal, so before I do any of my mad expierments I would appreciate any suggestions you guys & gals may have :Innocent:

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try a warm microfiber cloth on the nav screen.

Or maybe some QID.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
    I would try a warm microfiber cloth on the nav screen.

Or maybe some QID.
    I should have added that I have already tried wiping with both a dry, and then damp M/F to no avail It only seems to be laughing at my efforts so far. Matter of fact, it almost seems to look worse. Maybe if I spend 3 hours going from wet to dry I may be able to get it. I dunno. I hate havening to deal with crap like this. Freekin hacks at Swirl-a-Magic SUCK

Director Thanks for the suggestion though Nick

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information