Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flash use Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Detailer No. 18, works like a charm.:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash(chad) also you can try CG extreme acrylic glaze with 100PPI foam applicator with "Lot`s of patience" it will take a hour or more if the Meguiars product does not work that Angelo told you about.

There no one can say I do not give out any tips <:-P as the screen if the wrong products or steps are used can be $1,200.00 to replace not to mention loss of use to the customer while the car is being worked on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch - been there, did that SAME THING last month on a Subaru SRX. They used an "industrial" product (for dealerships) that ended up looking a lot like the greasy Armor All.

I used Megs APC+ at 5:1 on all plastic surfaces, utility MF cloths - took two rounds to get almost all off. Then went over surfaces with Einzett Cockpit Premium - turned out about 90%+ back to original condition. [Edit: I first listed the wrong product - thinking about a different post.]

Process took about two hours to do the SRX.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good results using Einzett Cockpit Premium on lots of Nav screens.
    It just wipes on with a nice soft microfiber, and wipe off, and off comes all the crap that was on there..
    Good luck with this.
    Dan F

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flash, whatever works please let us know..........I`ll be on the chat room this evening, Be there or Be square.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer or Einzett Cockpit Premium and MF towel
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash,
    I would just get some sreeen cleaner from your locai audio/video store. You will find thisa anywhere they sell TV`s. Just spray it onto a MF and wipe. I would get the Monster ScreenClean. It works really well.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Flash use Meguiar`s Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Detailer No. 18, works like a charm.:wizard:
    I don`t have #18 Thanks for the tip though Angelo :partaaay2:

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    Flash(chad) also you can try CG extreme acrylic glaze with 100PPI foam applicator with "Lot`s of patience" it will take a hour or more if the Meguiars product does not work that Angelo told you about.

There no one can say I do not give out any tips <:-P as the screen if the wrong products or steps are used can be $1,200.00 to replace not to mention loss of use to the customer while the car is being worked on.
    Bob, whoever says you do not help others is full of dooky. You have helped me on every occasion I have ever asked, I do believe :ar!

I don`t have any CG extreme acrylic glaze either

Dude has 2 brand new Escalades also. I have no idea what possessed him to take the Benz. Oh well, looks like his problems have now become mine Boo Hoo

Quote Originally Posted by gewb View Post
    Ouch - been there, did that SAME THING last month on a Subaru SRX. They used an "industrial" product (for dealerships) that ended up looking a lot like the greasy Armor All.

I used Megs APC+ at 5:1 on all plastic surfaces, utility MF cloths - took two rounds to get almost all off. Then went over surfaces with Einzett Cockpit Premium - turned out about 90%+ back to original condition. [Edit: I first listed the wrong product - thinking about a different post.]

Process took about two hours to do the SRX.

Regards,
    GEWB
    Another vote for Enziett :spy:

However, this fella will not settle for 90% X_X

BTW....Your thread on Nelly inspired me to spend a couple hours on my heap this afternoon. I had a kid come up to me last night at the service station wanting to know if he could detail my car for me

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    I have had good results using Einzett Cockpit Premium on lots of Nav screens.
    It just wipes on with a nice soft microfiber, and wipe off, and off comes all the crap that was on there..
    Good luck with this.
    Dan F
    Theres that name that keeps popping up :-?

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer or Einzett Cockpit Premium and MF towel
    I am starting to see a trend here @-)

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Flash,
    I would just get some sreeen cleaner from your locai audio/video store. You will find thisa anywhere they sell TV`s. Just spray it onto a MF and wipe. I would get the Monster ScreenClean. It works really well.
    Well now Barry, thats thinking outside the box. I like this idea :soldier:

So, where I stand at this point is that my wallett will soon be a couple hundred dollars lighter. All for 3 dots of product X_X. Maybe I`ll talk to Daddy War Bucks and have him drop off his CC digits :!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Flash, whatever works please let us know..........I`ll be on the chat room this evening, Be there or Be square.
    Sounds Fun <:-P See you in about 3 hours :wizard:

Thanks again everyone for helping me through this difficult decision :-B

Post Thanks / Like

So, where I stand at this point is that my wallett will soon be a couple hundred dollars lighter. All for 3 dots of product X_X. Maybe I`ll talk to Daddy War Bucks and have him drop off his CC digits :!!

The ScreenClean is pretty inexpensive. I think it`s around $8. The cool thing about this product, is that you can spray it onto the screan, and it will not drip.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds pretty serious then.

I did a GMC Sierra a while back and the previous detailer coated the whole interior with Armor All, including the clear and matte plastic on the face of the radio.

I was able to get it off with a combination of the #18 Clear Plastic Detailer and the QID.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post

The ScreenClean is pretty inexpensive. I think it`s around $8. The cool thing about this product, is that you can spray it onto the screan, and it will not drip.
    Well, that sounds like an avenue I may try first Barry Da Rules!

I am thinking about just sickin my wife on him ] She will set him staight "with the quickness" that we are not going to spend $200, for a problem we/I didn`t create ^#(^ She is very intimadating. Its actually quite humerous watching a her break down the toughess of characters :sarge She always gets her way /

Post Thanks / Like
    Tardis :ar!
    Michalski Detailing, LLC | Serving Columbia, SC and surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like
    A little Woolite mixed with warm water is a nice gentle cleaner.......

Ten parts water to one part Woolite........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Like everyone has said I would try either screen cleaner (the stuff that came with my LCD tv) or Megs QID

On a side note, PAC I really hope you pick this up in the detailers line. I hear they are coming out with in in gallon form and I absolutely love this stuff!

Good Luck Flash! Take a few pics :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuck91 View Post
    Sounds pretty serious then.

I did a GMC Sierra a while back and the previous detailer coated the whole interior with Armor All, including the clear and matte plastic on the face of the radio.

I was able to get it off with a combination of the #18 Clear Plastic Detailer and the QID.
    Yes indeed. It is quite the mess for sure. I only spent maybe 10 minutes on it yesterday. We were both short on time :wizard:

Quote Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
    Tardis :ar!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1 View Post
    A little Woolite mixed with warm water is a nice gentle cleaner.......

Ten parts water to one part Woolite........

Did I do something to upset either of you. Sounds like both of you are trying to send me to bankruptcy court :judge:

Director Director Director Breaking News....Breaking News.... Talked with the owner a couple of hours ago. He spoke with someone over in Germany @ Benz factory and they suggested rubbing a thin layer of vasoline onto screen and wiping clean. Will report my findings tommorow Da Rules!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information