Post Thanks / Like
    Quick question or two for the peanut gallery: What do you do about what appears to be baked on brake dust on the wheels? I have found a couple of areas on my wheels where it will not come off. Any recommendations? I will blame that on the previous owner. Also, when the car go new tires on it they use the stuck on wheel weights. Any way of getting the "old" sticker remains of safely? Only 5 more week till racing season begins!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try EF HI cleaner and a mf to scrub with...

as for the glue try some goo off or maybe a bug and tar remover they should be able to get.

For more info on the glue search Removing decals and badges I think there was a lengthy discussion on products there.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a BMW owner, I am all to familiar with the black gunk, especially the caked on stuff. I`ve tried all sorts of products on the wheels, and to date, the best results have been with:

NuFinish Polish & Formula 113. Both of these products have pretty strong solvents in them and will quickly dissolve the gunk. I think the abrasives (no matter how trace) help break up the gunk and then the solvents clean it off.

I spent an entire day using NF & F113 on my wheels, then washed them with Dawn and coated with some Collinite wax. Since then, it`s been smooth sailing.

I had tried Simple Green, Eagle One Wheel cleaner and a host of other concoctions on my wheels and those two worked the best, which is one more reason I choose not to use them on my car`s paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try Eimann Fabrik High Intensity. That should remove most of it. If there are any remaining spots you can use an abrasive like 3M SMR or 3M Finesse-It II. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Geekysteve, I really like your logic. If those two products that you used to clean your rims are that strong, there`s no way I`d use it on paint either. Another reason why I would never buy or use Formula 13.

Post Thanks / Like

VW Jetta windshield

Detailed a 2001 VW Jetta, here is the strangest thing(sorry no pictures) the windshield was like no other I have ever done,,,,no matter how or what I used the window looked like it still have a film or cloudiness to it....has anyone else came across anything like this? I even clayed it...used dawn, hit it with Menz SIP.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Was the winshield tinted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Was the winshield tinted
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I should have been more specific.its the front windshield........the entire windshield is cloudy looking...I have seen and detailed allot of cars in my life.....never came across this situation...its strange........wish I could have took a pic, but not even sure if a camera would detect it

Post Thanks / Like
    What cleaner did you use :Frosty:

Thread Information