Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Freshener

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this board and have been reading and learning for quite some time but have never posted anything. I have a couple of questions.

First Question: It seems everyone is really big on some of the Pinnacle products and I was thinking of ordering the special offer #2 complete kit from CMA but I wasn`t really sure about the creme glaze, leather conditioner or the vinyl and rubber protectant since I already have lexol, 303 and Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax. If these products produce as impressive results like those of the shampoo, paintwork cleaner, and wax I will just go ahead and get them.

Next Question: Can Klasse SG be applied without using AIO? I have a new car that isn`t driven much and doesn`t have swirl marks, water spots, or oxidation. Do I just wash with dawn and go on to the Klasse SG?

Thanks, Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t really comment on the first part of your question since I haven`t ever really compared the products. However, for best results you should apply the SG on top of the AIO. The AIO is what cleans your car`s paint and prepares it so the SG can do its work. Without the AIO down first it would be like leaving the meat out of a hamburger and just eating the bread and pickles. You don`t want to miss out on the results that the AIO can give you. It is more than just a base coat for the SG. It works soooooo well at so many things. You can add it to your wash bucket with the soap, you can mix it with your detailing mist, you can put it on your glass, you can put it on your rims, it tastes great on pie, and its a great creamer for your coffee. Don`t count it out. You really want it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The AIO is really easy to apply and comes off very easy, I would recommend using it before the SG I think you will end up with a better looking shine.

I use the Pinnacle car wash and Souveran wax, both are terrific!

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think that in your case AIO should be left out of the equation. It is my opinion that it is best suited for older cars, although it can be used on new cars too. I would go right to SG and layer on a few coats. As long as the car is clean and prepped, you will have no problems. I always use abrasives as a last resort. Also, you don`t see people with new cars using a cleaner wax before blitz or souveran or zaino.........it just isn`t necessary as long as the paint is in good condition and properly prepped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Stop following me. Just kidding. I joined this board a few weeks ago and have already learned a lot. There are a lot of good people here. I`ve also have a list of goodies I plan to get from CMA. I plan to get the Pinnancle Sizzling Shine Detail kit (with Paste Glaz wax). Since all my cars are light colors, I don`t think the Souveran wax will be needed. I also like to try the Klasse AIO and SG on my daily driver.

Sounds like you and I need to get together for another product test & review?

Later,

Kenneth

Post Thanks / Like
    HeyKenneth,

Good to hear from you.

I`m not sure if I have this right, Pinnacle Paste Glaze for light colored cars and Souveran for dark? Which one will last longer? Do they both go on as easy?

As far as using AIO, I would prefer not to use it since it will be going on a new car and some say that it is abrasive. Is it necessary for SG to bond? If it is than I will use it just with very very little pressure.

Thanks, Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Pinnacle Paste Glaze for light colored cars</blockquote>

Correct

Souveran for dark</blockquote>

Correct

Which one will last longer?</blockquote>

Souveran

Do they both go on as easy?</blockquote>

Yes, but Paste Glaz is easier

I do not think AIO is very abrasive at all, I use it on black car and have no issues. I think people mean it has strong chemicals solvents rather than cutting compounds.

As long as the paint is clean SG will go on.
    Regards

Michael H

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used AIO/SG on my wifes 2002 Tahoe. I did 1 panel first to see what it would look like. Then did the rest of the car..:up I see no problem IMHO with the AIO on a new car. I did clay the car first , there was many bumps thruout the whole car

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the Souveran is the king of all wax and is especially awesome when used on a dark color car. Will it outshine the Paste Glaz when used on a light color car?

Kenneth

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Pinnacle Souveran on light colored cars with spectacular results. And thought the Paste Glaze is designed to be used on light colored cars, I would really recommend that you try the Souveran if possible. I`m sure you will pleased with it on light colors. As far as outshining the Paste Glaze on light colors, that`s a tough one. As for durability, both products are not designed to last very long. Both will give you a good 3-4 weeks of a damn good shine on daily driver. If your car is garaged then obviously it will last a bit longer. Laters

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Gomez...

You might want to think about following Jngbrdman`s advice on putting down AIO before the SG. If you use the car at all or if it`s ever been out in the environment there may be contaminates there that you can not readily see. Feel the paint on the flat surfaces and rocker panels. The AIO will make a good, safe polish while establishing a base for the SG. If you intend to prep the paint at all before the SG I would think AIO would be a good chioce.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    AIO is a cleanser and even though a car might be completely new I agree with everyone else saying that yeah you should go ahead and do it because if there is anything on the surface of your paint it will be there for the life of your Klasse when you seal it in. You might as well play it safe and get rid of it first. AIO is chemically abrasive rather than physically, but abrasive is sort of a misnomer as in "cleansing" would be a more accurate term. The good thing about it is you don`t have to do 2 work ins of AIO if you car is new and you can "dilute" your applicator and have even less of an affect if you think it might be too harsh. But either way AIO sets up perfectly for a SG finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would also highly recommend the use of AIO on a new car. I wouldn`t worry one bit. None!

Post Thanks / Like

Air Freshener

DO you guys use an Air Freshener in your details? Do you use it on every job, or only if the customer asks for it? If you use it, what product do you like, and what scent?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really.

Usually when I finish the interior of a vehicle it smells clean and has some of my products scent.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information