Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Freshener

Post Thanks / Like
    I never use any kind of air freshener on my details.

I try to tailor the scent left to the type of vehicle - they all seem to have their own scent when new, and that is what I try to work towards, or a more neutral scent.

I try to use products that have similar scents, like for plastic cleaning and conditioning ( Einzett), neutral scent, great leather conditioners like Spinneybeck, and clean carpets with either Meguiars Quik Out Carpet Stain Remover or Meguiars APC+, and then, spray the carpets with Meguiars Odor Eliminator, which has enzymes to break down bacteria rather than cover up the smell with perfumes, and leaves the carpets with a fresh smell, not a cover up smell..

Some vehicle owners like leather conditioners that smell like leather, so I will use accordingly. Zaino Leather Conditioner has a nice leather smell that is not too strong, and the conditioning is great too.

Alot of Clients I have worked for all do not like perfumed smelling vehicles, but just love the way I leave their vehicles smelling like - well, as close as I can get it to smell like a new vehicle again, just by using good products that compliment each other..

This process has worked even better for me since I got a VX5000 steamer that totally removes about every product out of a vehicle and leaves everything smelling neutral, so you can then tailor the interior scent easier..

Hope this helps !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    This process has worked even better for me since I got a VX5000 steamer that totally removes about every product out of a vehicle and leaves everything smelling neutral, so you can then tailor the interior scent easier..

Hope this helps !
    Dan F
    I would love to get one of those steamers.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information