Thread: 303

Post Thanks / Like
    Was reading my owners manual last night and I read that u should use a dry shampoo to clean the headliner and fabric? What is a dry shampoo?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    They want you to take off the fabric and take it to the dry-cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like
    The headliners, etc all have some foam under the fabric. This fabric is held to the foam by a latex type glue.

It is very easy to break this glue using waterbased cleaners.

What the term "dry shampoo" normally refers to is the use of the "foam" of the product, not saturating the fabric with the solution.

We teach how to clean headliners, and one NEVER sprays the solution directly onto the fabric.

What you do is apply the solution to a lint free towel, like a huck or surgical, and agitate the area. Follow with a dry towel of the same type to remove the soil and remove most of what little moisture is present.

This keeps the surfactants in the cleaner from getting to the glue and causing the headliner, etc to detach.

Ketch

:up
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Got my package of 303 and woolies. I am such a Baby. Lunch time I used the 303 on one of the wood pannels and a small area of the dash. I sprayed it on a cloth, wiped it on and then buffed off with a dry cloth.

Is this correct procedure or is there a dwell time suggested. It left a very Matte finish just as I expected. I will hopefull hit the car with a good cleaning Sunday.

Any tip on its use would be appreciated. Please let me know if this will gas off and haze the windows. Just thought of that.

Thanks.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is how I use 303 AP:

-My application method-
    1.-If a surface is dirty clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
    2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or a foam swab applicator.
    3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
    4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time. (generally by the time you get done applying it)
    5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

You can wipe on and wipe off but depending on the surface varying the time between 0 and 5 minutes will make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Here is how I use 303 AP:

-My application method-
    1.-If a surface is dirty clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
    2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or a foam swab applicator.
    3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
    4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time. (generally by the time you get done applying it)
    5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

You can wipe on and wipe off but depending on the surface varying the time between 0 and 5 minutes will make a difference.
    Cory,
    Is there a reason that you specify a foam applicator? I have never used it, so I am curious myself. Would a foam applicator be an improvement over a MF applicator?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Would a foam applicator be an improvement over a MF applicator?
    That`s funny actually because I have never tried an MF applicator with 303! LMAO
    I definitely like the foam for interiors because it allows me to get all the product onto the leather or vinyl instead of the mf soaking it up.

But now that you mention it I do believe the mf applicator may work better on the occasion (like some exterior trim) where I see streaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got out here about 10 minutes late I think! No more points if I recall correctly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I got out here about 10 minutes late I think! No more points if I recall correctly!

Huh? You mean Kahuna points? The contest ends on Sept 21 at midnight or 11:59pm.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Huh? You mean Kahuna points? The contest ends on Sept 21 at midnight or 11:59pm.
    Haha! I must have read it wrong. another 1/5th for each of us AL! Actually I guess it was 2/5ths for me... :biggrin:

Thread Information